Often the materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Cooking.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide. It can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 120 in 8 days with this guide.
Learning BfA Cooking
The new BfA Cooking skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find T'sarah the Royal Chef in Dazar'alor. She is located in the kitchen right behind your mission table near the Great Seal in the Dazar'alor temple.
- Alliance: "Cap'n" Byron Mehlsack is in Boralus at the Tradewinds Market.
You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Cooking trainer is. Asking the guard will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Every BfA cooking recipe has 3 ranks. Higher rank recipes allow you to cook more food for the same materials, and higher rank recipes also give skill points much longer. (the exceptions are the new Feast recipes, you always make one, but it will cost fewer materials)
Unlocking World Quests
Some of the Rank 3 recipes are locked behind World Quests. These are not required to reach 150, but you will save some gold if you can get them.
You can extract [Aromatic Fish Oil] from any Battle for Azeroth fish. You have to right-click the fish you caught, and it will convert the fish into oil.
Fishes no longer come from one specific zone. Instead, you can find 3 types of fish in the Kul Tiras zones, 3 in the Zandalar zones and you can fish 2 in all zones.
- [Frenzied Fangtooth] and [Lane Snapper] - Fished from seas/oceans.
- [Tiragarde Perch] - Fished from rivers/lakes.
- [Slimy Mackerel] and [Sand Shifter] - Fished from seas/oceans.
- [Redtail Loach] - Fished from rivers/lakes.
- [Great Sea Catfish] - Rivers and lakes.
- [Midnight Salmon] - Everywhere. (rare fish, around 3% catch rate)
Leveling BfA Cooking
1 - 35
34 x [Mon'Dazi] - 340 Wild Flour, 170 Foosaka, 68 Aromatic Fish Oil, 136 Powdered Sugar
You can extract [Aromatic Fish Oil] from any Battle for Azeroth fish. You have to right-click the fish you caught, and it will convert the fish into oil. You can find the list of fishes at the Cooking Reagents section above.
35 - 50
Learn the Rank 2 recipes from your trainer. (You don't have to make Kul Tiramisu, you can make any other dessert recipe)
15 x [Rank 2 - Kul Tiramisu] - 150 Wild Flour, 75 Foosaka, 30 Aromatic Fish Oil, 75 Major's Frothy Coffee
50 - 75
Make 25 from one of the these three:
25 x [Seasoned Loins] - 250 Stringy Loins, 125 Foosaka
25 x [Honey-Glazed Haunches] - 250 Meaty Haunch, 125 Choral Honey
25 x [Sailor's Pie] - 250 Briny Flesh, 125 Wild Flour, 100 Foosaka, 100 Fresh Potato
If you make [Seasoned Loins], don't vendor them! Sometimes you can use them for Warfront Contributions quests when the Warfronts are up.
These meats are usually really cheap, so I recommend to switch to these dishes at 50, but if they are expensive on your realm, then it's better to make more [Rank 2 - Kul Tiramisu] up to around 75. As a general rule, if 1 Aromatic Fish Oil cost around the same as these meats, then you should make Kul Tiramisu because even if you have to craft 2-3 for a skill point, you would still only need 4-6 Fish Oil, instead of the 10 meats.
75 - 150
Learn the Rank 2 recipes from your trainer. Make around 120 from one of these three:
120 x [Rank 2 - Seasoned Loins] - 1200 Stringy Loins, 600 Foosaka
120 x [Rank 2 - Honey-Glazed Haunches] - 1200 Meaty Haunch, 600 Choral Honey
120 x [Rank 2 - Sailor's Pie] - 1200 Briny Flesh, 600 Wild Flour, 480 Foosaka, 480 Fresh Potato
Both of these will be green for the last 20 points, so you will probably have to make more.
Rank 3 recipes:
If you can get the rank 3 of these recipes, then you only have to make 75 because the rank 3 recipe is orange until 150.
- [Recipe: Honey-Glazed Haunches] - Reward from the World Quest: "Work Order: Honey-Glazed Haunches" (this one will show up randomly sometimes on your map)
- [Recipe: Seasoned Loins] - Requires Tortollan Seekers - Revered. Sold by Collector Kojo
- [Recipe: Sailor's Pie] - Reward from the World Quest: "Work Order: Sailor's Pie" (this one will show up randomly sometimes on your map)
I hope you liked this BfA Cooking leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 150!