WoD: Guide to Followers with Profession Traits
As I mentioned in my previous article, you can assign a follower with a profession perk to your level 2 garrison buildings for an added bonus. One bonus is that you have a chance to get 2 extra resource from your work orders. The chance for getting an extra resource is only 50% if you have a level 90 follower, but it will increase to 100% when you level your follower to level 100. For the Mine and Herb garden, the bonus is that you will get 8 herb/ore from your work orders instead of 5.
There is another added follower bonus for every building:
- Alchemy - Alchemy Experiment daily quest, the reward is 5 random potions.
- Blacksmithing - You can ask your follower for two buffs: Song of the Anvil, Solace of the Forge
- Enchanting - Weapon enchant transmog for old enchants like Enchanter's Illusion - Mongoose.
- Engineering - Your follower will sell you unique items: Walter, GUMM-E, Gyro-Radiant Reflector, Gnomish Net Launcher, Ultra-Electrified Reflector
- Herbalism - You can speak to your follower to select which herbs to grow every day instead of growing random herbs.
- Inscription - Your follower will let you create Draenor Merchant Order. This generates a random receipt, and if you make two of the same, you can fuse them together. This creates either a Merchant Order or Large Merchant Order which can be sold to a vendor for gold.
- Jewelcrafting - You get a random daily quest. The reward is Jewelcrafting Payment which contains around 200 gold.
- Leatherworking - You can craft a bunch of tents like Fine Blue and Gold Tent for 5 Raw Beast Hide.
- Mining - Unlock mining carts in your mine. The carts contain a few extra ores, and can also contain the following items: Preserved Mining Pick, Miner's Coffee
- Skinning - You get more leather, fur, and feast from your work orders at the Barn.
- Tailoring - Your follower can craft these items: Inspiring Battle Standard, Fearsome Battle Standard
Upgrading your buildings to level 2
You need a level 2 building to assign a follower to your buildings. And to get the blueprints, you need to complete your Talador Outpost at Talador, or you need level 96.
Once your building is level 2, you can assign a follower to that building if you select it at your architect table.
How to get the followers
The Lunarfall Inn / Frostwall Tavern medium building let's you specify one trait of one follower each week. But, you can only choose the traits of your followers if you have a level 2 building, which requires completing Spires of Arak outpost or to be level 98. (the blueprint is sold by the same NPCs I mentioned above)
A much easier way to get the followers is from questing. (and cheaper if you don't even have Lunarfall Inn / Frostwall Tavern). Most followers from quest rewards have random traits, so if you are lucky your follower can roll a profession trait.
Below is a list of every quest/mission that rewards you a follower with a predefined profession trait.
This information is from the beta, so it's possible not everything is accurate.
- Horde: Mulverick
Find Guse at Frostfire Ridge and accept the quest Slavery and Strife from her. Find Mulverick and complete Mulverick's Plight, then he will ask you to allow him to repay his debt by serving under your command.
- Alliance: Bruma Swiftstone
Reward from the first mission Killing The Corrupted you receive after completing the opening quest chain that starts your Garrison.
- Horde: Weaponsmith Na'Shra
- Alliance: Rulkan
- Both factions: Ahm
Get Dying Wish quest from Ahm at Talador. Upon completing this quest, you will find the ghost of Ahm outside your Garrison. He gives the quest Solidarity in Death, which allows you to recruit him as a follower.
- Horde: Kimzee Pinchwhistle
This follower is obtained from the quest chain starting from the Clutchpop Gearworks in Spires of Arak.
- Alliance: Apprentice Artificer Andren
You get this follower after finishing Elodor questline. You have to choose between three followers. (These followers are exclusive, and once you choose one, you can not go back and obtain the others)
- Horde: Shadow Hunter Rala
Find Rokhan and accept We Be Needin' Supplies. After you find Shadow Hunter Rala, complete the quests he and Shadow Hunter Mala offers and he will join your garrison.
- Alliance: Fiona
- Horde: Benjamin Gibb
Find Benjamin Gibb at Spires of Arak, then accept his quest and he will join you after you complete it.
- Alliance: Admiral Taylor
Find Admiral Taylor at Spires of Arak, then accept his quest and he will join you after you complete it.
- Horde: Olin Umberhide
Comes from a very early garrison quest Winds of Change right after you build your barracks.
- Alliance: Artificer Romuul
Reward from Artificer Romuul. This quest is only available after starting a mini-event near Embaari Village at Shadowmoon Valley.
- Horde: Ka'la
Reward from Gronnlings Abound mission. Usually it's one of the first few missions you get after you get your first follower.
- Alliance: Shelly Hamby
Lost Lumberjacks in your garrison starts a questline to Gloomshade Grove eventually awarding Shelly.
- Both factions: Lantresor of the Blade
Lantresor will offer to join your garrison after you have finished his questline in Hallvalor. For Alliance, he awaits outside Telaari Station after finishing up Challenge of the Masters. Horde players can find him waiting outside Wor'var after Challenge of the Masters.
- Both factions: Dark Ranger Velonara (H), Hulda Shadowblade (A)
These followers (for Alliance and Horde) are obtained from Spires of Arak questline when you have built the Brewery to your outpost. The quest chain ends to Standing United (Alliance) / Standing United (Horde).
- Both factions: Goldmane the Skinner