- You can now upgrade your items with [Obliterum] 10 times instead of 8, allowing a max item level of 865.
- Increased drop rate of many 3-star recipes. Cooking recipes included.
Several old patterns and some new ones were added. These are low level recipes there were removed from the game, so it's mostly for those who want these for transmog. They come from quests or dungeon drops.
The biggest change in Patch 7.1 is the new Blood of Sargeras trainer, but we also get new recipes for a few professions.
List of items you can buy:
- 5 x [Felslate] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 3 x [Starlight Rose] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 3 x [Leylight Shard] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 20 x [Unbroken Tooth] or 20 x [Unbroken Claw] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- All other items (herbs, ores, leather, meat, fish, dust) sold in lots of 10 for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- You can also buy [Order Resources Cache] which is account bound so you can send order resources to your alts.
New profession recipes
You can now upgrade your items with [Obliterum] 8 times instead of 7, allowing a max item level of 855.
Professions in World of Warcraft Legion will be drastically different than how they worked in Warlords of Draenor with garrisons. This guide provides an overview of the new items and professions changes in Legion.
- Each profession will get a unique quest line, these quests will immerse your character in the story and they will try to mimic what you would do if you had that profession in real-life. (like smelting different kind of metals, and ores for blacksmithing)
- You learn most recipes from quests, but there are still a few recipes that drops from creatures.
- These are not max. level quests, you can start doing them as you level up, but there are level requirements for later quests so you can't finish them all at level 100.
New improved crafting UI
- There is a new Unlearned tab where you can check which recipes you are missing and where to get them.
- The new profession window is much larger.
- Filter options for slots, category, and sources.
- Many new categories for recipes.
- Most Legion recipes now have 3 ranks.
- Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials, or you get more potions/food for the same amount of material.
I made this Raw Beast Hide farming guide to help out players who would rather farm the leathers instead of buying them from the Auction House. I traveled around Draenor, searching for places with high density of mobs which I can skin and drop Raw Beast hide.
You can start farming even with Skinning skill 1 because the Skinning skill requirements were removed with the latest Warlords of Draenor expansion. But, the recommended skinning skill for farming is around 600, else you will get a lot of [Raw Beast Hide Scraps].
As I mentioned in my previous article, you can assign a follower with a profession perk to your level 2 garrison buildings for an added bonus. One bonus is that you have a chance to get 2 extra resource from your work orders. The chance for getting an extra resource is only 50% if you have a level 90 follower, but it will increase to 100% when you level your follower to level 100. For the Mine and Herb garden, the bonus is that you will get 8 herb/ore from your work orders instead of 5.
There is another added follower bonus for every building: