To make it easier to level professions to 800, most recipes will stay orange for 20 more points. This is a huge change! For example, the blacksmithing 780-800 part needed around 120 Demonsteel Bar and 60 Blood of Sargeras at minimum to craft 30 Waistguard. (you probably needed to craft 50 if you were unlucky). But now you will only need 20 Demonsteel Bar and 10 Blood of Sargeras to craft 5 of them.
The rank 2 recipes have the skill ranges that the rank 3 used to have, so if you are really unlucky with the rank 3 Alchemy recipes, now you can level Alchemy to 800 with just the rank 2. Or you can level inscription to 800 without waiting for the Darkmoon Faire.
It seems engineering helms are the only one that didn't change because the helms were already yellow up until 800, so engineering was already easier to level than the other professions. But now with this change you actually don't even have to make helms, because you can make the previous recipe up to 800.
Patch 7.2 Professions changes
- The Obliterum Forge should now always be available to players, and requires no questline.
- All item level 815 crafted end-game gear will now be crafted at item level 835.
- You can now upgrade your items with [Obliterum] 10 times instead of 8, allowing a max item level of 865.
- Increased drop rate of many 3-star recipes. Cooking recipes included.
Several old patterns and some new ones were added. These are low level recipes there were removed from the game, so it's mostly for those who want these for transmog. They come from quests or dungeon drops.
The biggest change in Patch 7.1 is the new Blood of Sargeras trainer, but we also get new recipes for a few professions.
List of items you can buy:
- 5 x [Felslate] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 3 x [Starlight Rose] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 3 x [Leylight Shard] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- 20 x [Unbroken Tooth] or 20 x [Unbroken Claw] for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- All other items (herbs, ores, leather, meat, fish, dust) sold in lots of 10 for 1 Blood of Sargeras.
- You can also buy [Order Resources Cache] which is account bound so you can send order resources to your alts.
New profession recipes
You can now upgrade your items with [Obliterum] 8 times instead of 7, allowing a max item level of 855.
Professions in World of Warcraft Legion will be drastically different than how they worked in Warlords of Draenor with garrisons. This guide provides an overview of the new items and professions changes in Legion.
- Each profession will get a unique quest line, these quests will immerse your character in the story and they will try to mimic what you would do if you had that profession in real-life. (like smelting different kind of metals, and ores for blacksmithing)
- You learn most recipes from quests, but there are still a few recipes that drops from creatures.
- These are not max. level quests, you can start doing them as you level up, but there are level requirements for later quests so you can't finish them all at level 100.
New improved crafting UI
- There is a new Unlearned tab where you can check which recipes you are missing and where to get them.
- The new profession window is much larger.
- Filter options for slots, category, and sources.
- Many new categories for recipes.
- Most Legion recipes now have 3 ranks.
- Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials, or you get more potions/food for the same amount of material.
I made this Raw Beast Hide farming guide to help out players who would rather farm the leathers instead of buying them from the Auction House. I traveled around Draenor, searching for places with high density of mobs which I can skin and drop Raw Beast hide.
You can start farming even with Skinning skill 1 because the Skinning skill requirements were removed with the latest Warlords of Draenor expansion. But, the recommended skinning skill for farming is around 600, else you will get a lot of [Raw Beast Hide Scraps].