As I mentioned in my previous article, you can assign a follower with a profession perk to your level 2 garrison buildings for an added bonus. One bonus is that you have a chance to get 1 extra resource from your work orders. The chance for getting an extra resource is only 50% if you have a level 90 follower, but it will increase to 100% when you level your follower to level 100. For the Mine and Herb garden, the bonus is that you will get 8 herb/ore from your work orders instead of 5.
There is another added follower bonus for every building:
Everything will be heavily tied to your garrison in the new Warlords of Draenor expansion, and professions are no exception, you can't craft anything without your garrison.
Below you will find explanation for the most important changes to the crafting system.
Profession skill level requirements removed
You can craft most new recipe from skill one. (skill requirements for old recipes remain unchanged) This is probably the biggest change, because you no longer have to spend thousands of gold to level your profession skill up. Your skill level now determines how many resource you get from doing your daily profession cooldown. There are some recipes for inscription and engineering that still requires 600 skill.
Work orders and daily cooldowns
Work orders and profession daily cooldowns convert raw materials like herbs and ores to a more useful reagent. Almost every new item you can craft requires this reagent generated from doing work orders, or your profession daily cooldwon, these reagents binds on pickup (except enchanting and alchemy).
- Work orders:
There are a lot of changes to professions in the new expansion, so I made this page to list what I gathered so far. I will update this page everytime I find something interesting in the new beta builds.
Last update: november 1.
- Direct combat benefits of Professions will be removed. This means you no longer have to level professions to get 0.5% dps increase, so leveling a profession will be more like a personal choice now.
- Realm First profession achievements are gone.
- Work orders and profession daily cooldowns convert raw materials like herbs and ores to a more useful reagent. Almost every new item you can craft requires this reagent generated from doing work orders, or your profession daily cooldwon, these reagents binds on pickup.
- You can craft items at your garrison without having professions. But, you can't craft the best items, consumables.
- Herbalism, Mining and Skinning will be easier to level. You can now pick herbs, harvest mineral nodes and skin animals without a required skill. The amount of ore/herb/leather you'll get is determined by your skill level. This is similar what we have now for herbs and ores in pandaria. You can read more about this here.
Herbalists and Miners will be able to gather herbs and ores with low skill in Pandaria. You will get fragments like [Ghost Iron Nugget] and [Torn Green Tea Leaf] when you gather herbs or ores. These are just a few examples, there is a fragment version for every herb and ore. (for trillium there is currently none) You can combine 10 of these fragments into a single ore or herb.
Here is the official quote:
- Herbalists of low skill can now pick herbs in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield an herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
- Miners of low skill can now mine mineral deposits in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield a miner will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
There is an event called Darkmoon Faire that appears in the game once a month, starting at 00:01 on the Sunday before the 1st Monday of each month.
During the event you can complete quests for each professions. The profession quests can only be completed once during each Darkmoon Faire and will grant 5 skill points. Some of the quest requires additional items, but all of those items can be bought from vendors, don't buy them from the Auction House.
The location of the Faire is on Darkmoon Island. The portals to the Island can be accessed in the following locations:
- Eastern Kingdoms, on the south side of Goldshire in Elwynn Forest
- Kalimdor, in Mulgore at the base of Thunder Bluff