Legion Tailoring Leveling Guide 1 - 800
Updated for Legion patch 7.2
Tailoring uses cloths as main materials, but you don't need any gathering profession to gather cloths, so Tailoring can be combined with any gathering profession. One other popular choice is Enchanting, because you can craft a bunch of cloths then disenchant them and use the dusts and essences to level your enchanting. You will need thousands of cloths to level Tailoring, and it will cost a lot of gold to buy everything.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 110 in 8 days with this guide.
Keep in mind, this Tailoring guide is made to level your profession as fast as possible, so sometimes the cloths you will make might not be the best items for you.
Table of contents:
- Two way to level Tailoring
- Leveling 1-650 with Draenor recipes (cheaper option)
- Leveling 1-800 with Legion recipes
Two way to level Tailoring
If your character is below level 90, visit my Tailoring Leveling Guide for players below level 90. This guide is for level 90-110 players.
There are currently two ways to level Tailoring up to 650.
- One is with Draenor materials because they can be really cheap.
- The other options is to use the new Legion recipes, but it will usually cost you a lot more. However, using the new Legion recipes, you get items that are useful and can be sold at the Auction House. You can also break down the armors at level 110 to get [Obliterum Ash], which you can turn into [Obliterum].
So, which one should you choose?
Check the prices on your realm for these:
Choose the one that's cheaper.
Leveling 1-650 with Draenor recipes (cheaper option)
First, visit your Tailoring trainer at Dalaran, or one of main cities of old Azeroth. Just walk up to a guard in a city, you can ask them where the Tailoring trainer is located. You can also find trainers at Ashran if you ask the guards.
You have to get a [Draenor Tailoring] scroll to upgrade your maximum Tailoring skill to 700. This scroll will also teach you a few basic recipes which you will use to level Tailoring.
There are three ways to obtain this scroll:
- You can buy it from the Tailoring pattern vendors in Ashran. Alliance players can find Steven Cochrane at Stormshield, and Horde players can find Petir Starocean at Warspear.
- If you build a Tailoring Emporium at your garrison, you can buy the scroll from one of the NPC at the building.
- If you are still leveling your character (90-92), you have to loot a quest item to start a quest chain.
- 1 - 650
There are 3 recipes that you can use to level to 480. It doesen't matter which one you choose, they all require 50 Sumptuous Fur and give 10 skill points when you craft them.
Leveling 1-800 with Legion recipes
Check out my Shal'dorei Silk farming guide if you want to farm the cloths.
This part requires level 100.
First, visit your Tailoring trainer Tanithria at Dalaran. Just walk up to a guard in the city, you can ask them where the Tailoring trainer is located.
After you learn Tailoring, pick up the quest Sew It Begins from Tanithria.
The quest reward is [Legion Tailor].
Most Tailoring recipes are unlocked by doing quests for your profession trainer Tanithria.
You should get to level 110 and finish every Tailoring quest before you continue this guide.
There are 38 Tailoring quest in total, they are pretty straight forward, so I will not write down the details of every quests. Some of the quests lead you to dungeons but you can finish every quest easily in 1-2 days if you start them at 110, otherwise you will have to wait because later quests have level requirement.
One of the harder quest is The Path to Suramar City (26th quest). You will need 1000 Ancient Mana for this quest, but the default cap is 300, so you will have to do a bunch of Suramar quests to increase your cap to 1000. You get +500 manapool ~40-50 quest in main Suramar storyline and +500 manapool after you reach honored with The Nightfallen.
The most important quest is The Queen's Grace Loom (around 30th quest in the chain). After you finish this quest, you will get two rewards: [Imbued Silkweave Bracers], and [Imbued Silkweave]. You will also unlock quests and vendors for the rest of the Imbued Silkweave set. These armors will be used for leveling between 770-800.
Most Legion recipes now have 3 ranks. Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials. Therefore, you should only use rank 3 recipes when you can.
Rank 3 recipes comes from different sources like Vendors, World Quests, Reputation, dungeon drops, and even rated battleground wins.
If you hover over the little stars in your spellbook, you can see the source of the next rank for the selected recipe.
Unlocking World Quests
Most of the of the rank 3 Silkweave recipes comes from World Quests. To get these quests, you must first complete Uniting the Isles by reaching friendly reputation with every Legion faction. You can get this quest from Archmage Khadgar.
After you unlocked the quests, you have to level your Tailoring to at least 100 to unlock the profession World quests.
1 - 765
Learn one of the 4 cloak recipes from your trainer, and make that 192 times.
192 x [Silkweave Cover] - 6720 x Shal'dorei Silk
If you start from 650, you will need 1015 Shal'dorei Silk to craft 29 Cloak.
765 - 770
Keep these, you will use all of them later.
770 - 800
Now you need to get a rank 2, and a rank 3 recipe from one of the Silkweave armor pieces.
I recommend the belt because it's really easy to get the rank 3 recipe. Get the rank 3 recipe before you start crafting these!
8 x [Rank 3 - Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - 48 x Imbued Silkweave, 16 Blood of Sargeras
Rank 1 recipe locations
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - sold by Leyweaver Erenyi at Val'sharah.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Epaulets] - sold by Leyweaver Phaxondus at Azsuna.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Slippers] - sold by Leyweaver Yaphisteia at Highmountain.
Rank 2 recipes are sold by Lalla Brightweave at Dalaran. Except for the [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] which is sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 500 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 500 in about half an hour, or even less.
Rank 3 recipe locations:
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Epaulets] - Rated Battleground win.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 500 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 500 in about half an hour, or even less.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Slippers] - The Nightfallen - Exalted - Sold by First Arcanist Thalyssra at Suramar.
Darkmoon Faire free +5 skill points
You should check your Calendar in-game to see if the Darkmoon Faire is open, the event starts at 00:01 on the Sunday before the 1st Monday of each month.
You can gain +5 skill points by completing a single quest (use it at 795). Click here to read more about the quests.
I hope you liked this Tailoring guide, congratulations on reaching 800!