Tailoring uses cloths as main materials, but you don't need any gathering profession to gather cloths, so Tailoring can be combined with any gathering profession. One other popular choice is Enchanting, because you can craft a bunch of cloths then disenchant them and use the dusts and essences to level your enchanting. You will need thousands of cloths to level Tailoring, and it will cost a lot of gold to buy everything.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 110 in 8 days with this guide.
Learning Legion Tailoring
First, visit your Tailoring trainer Tanithria at Dalaran. Just walk up to a guard in the city, you can ask them where the Tailoring trainer is located.
Most Tailoring recipes are unlocked by doing quests for your profession trainer Tanithria.
You should get to level 110 and finish every Tailoring quest before you continue this guide.
There are 38 Tailoring quest in total, they are pretty straight forward, so I will not write down the details of every quests. Some of the quests lead you to dungeons but you can finish every quest easily in 1-2 days if you start them at 110, otherwise you will have to wait because later quests have level requirement.
One of the harder quest is The Path to Suramar City (26th quest). You will need 1000 Ancient Mana for this quest, but the default cap is 300, so you will have to do a bunch of Suramar quests to increase your cap to 1000. You get +500 manapool ~40-50 quest in main Suramar storyline and +500 manapool after you reach honored with The Nightfallen.
The most important quest is The Queen's Grace Loom (around 30th quest in the chain). After you finish this quest, you will get two rewards: [Imbued Silkweave Bracers], and [Imbued Silkweave]. You will also unlock quests and vendors for the rest of the Imbued Silkweave set. These armors will be used for leveling between 90-100.
Most Legion recipes now have 3 ranks. Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials. Therefore, you should only use rank 3 recipes when you can.
Rank 3 recipes comes from different sources like Vendors, World Quests, Reputation, dungeon drops, and even rated battleground wins.
If you hover over the little stars in your spellbook, you can see the source of the next rank for the selected recipe.
Unlocking World Quests
Most of the rank 3 Silkweave recipes comes from World Quests. To get these quests, you must first complete Uniting the Isles by reaching friendly reputation with every Legion faction. You can get this quest from Archmage Khadgar.
If your first character has already completed this, you don't need to grind rep on your alts.
1 - 30
Check out my Shal'dorei Silk farming guide if you want to farm the cloths.
55 x [Silkweave Bandage] - 55 Shal'dorei Silk
30 - 54
You will get the rank 1 recipes by simply completing the tailoring quest chain mentioned above.
NOTE: If you see any of the rank 3 recipe world quest for any of the Silkweave armors, you can complete that quest and just make that armor instead of the ones I recommend below. I only recommend these because they are not tied to world quests, and you can get them anytime compared to the world quest where it's random when they show up on your map.
You can buy the [Sharp Spritethorn] and the [Runic Catgut] from Lalla Brightweave near your Tailoring traner at Dalaran. (She will only sell Sharp Spritethorn after you complete A Needle Need and Meticulous Precision quests in the Legion tailoring quest chain)
Rank 2 recipe locations
- You will get the rank 2 Silkweave Pantaloon recipe by completing the tailoring quest chain, or you can buy the [Pattern: Silkweave Pantaloons] from Lalla Brightweave, but there is no need for that, since you will have to complete the tailoring quest anyway.
- [Pattern: Silkweave Cinch rank 2] - is sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 250 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 250 in about 15-20 minutes, or even less.
Rank 3 recipe locations
- [Pattern: Silkweave Pantaloons] requires Honored reputation with Court of Farondis. (just do quest at Azsuna to get the reputation). The recipe is sold by Veridis Fallon at Azsuna.
- [Pattern: Silkweave Cinch Rank 3] - is sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 500 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 500 in about 30 minutes, or even less.
54 - 60
Keep these, you will use all of them later.
60 - 90
55 x [Silkweave Splint] - 275 x Shal'dorei Silk, 55 x Leystone Ore
90 - 100
Now you need to get a rank 2, and a rank 3 recipe from one of the Imbued Silkweave armor pieces.
I recommend the belt because it's really easy to get the rank 3 recipe. Get the rank 3 recipe before you start crafting these!
10 x [Rank 3 - Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - 60 x Imbued Silkweave, 20 Blood of Sargeras
Rank 1 recipes
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - sold by Leyweaver Erenyi at Val'sharah.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Slippers] - sold by Leyweaver Yaphisteia at Highmountain.
Rank 2 recipes
Rank 2 recipes are sold by Lalla Brightweave at Dalaran. Except for the [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] which is sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 500 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 500 in about half an hour, or even less.
Rank 3 recipes
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Cinch] - sold by Strap Bucklebolt for 500 Sightless Eye at the Dalaran Sewers. Here is a detailed guide on how to get Sightless Eye. You can get the 500 in about half an hour, or even less.
- [Pattern: Imbued Silkweave Slippers] - The Nightfallen - Exalted - Sold by First Arcanist Thalyssra at Suramar.
I hope you liked this Legion Tailoring leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 100!