- Each profession will get a unique quest line, these quests will immerse your character in the story and they will try to mimic what you would do if you had that profession in real-life. (like smelting different kind of metals, and ores for blacksmithing)
- You learn most recipes from quests, but there are still a few recipes that drops from creatures.
- These are not max. level quests, you can start doing them as you level up, but there are level requirements for later quests so you can't finish them all at level 100.
New improved crafting UI
- There is a new Unlearned tab where you can check which recipes you are missing and where to get them.
- The new profession window is much larger.
- Filter options for slots, category, and sources.
- Many new categories for recipes.
- Most Legion recipes now have 3 ranks.
- Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials, or you get more potions/food for the same amount of material.
- Gathering professions will also have ranks, with each rank you can usually get more material from a mob/node or have a chance to get Blood of Sargeras.
- In Legion, most recipes are from quests. And there's no way to redo a quest if you drop and relearn a profession, so books are a solution to giving you back the rewards from completed profession quests.
- Books cost 1000g and you can simply buy them from a vendor near your trainer at Dalaran. (example: [Forgotten Patterns of the Broken Isles])
- You will only get back the recipes you got from questing. If you got a recipe from a mob and not a quest, you have to go and farm that recipe again. Basically, you will only get back the Legion questing recipes, no old world recipes or anything.
- You will start your profession from skill 1 again and you don't get back the rank 2-3 recipes that you got from vendors/wolrd quests.
End-game Crafting System
- You can use [Obliterum] to increase the ilvl of your crafted gear by 5, from 815 to 850. The Obliterum Forge at Dalaran is used to get this item, you can brake down Legion crafted items to get [Obliterum Ash].
- [Obliterum] doesn't bind when picked up, so you can buy them from the Auction House, but you still need to have 2 [Blood of Sargeras] to use it, and you can only use it on soulbound items.
- [Blood of Sargeras] is the new crafting material that is used for most high level crafted gear and item level upgrades. (Binds when picked up) Gathereres can get [Blood of Sargeras] with Rank 2 mining, skinning, or herbalism recipes. Other sources: World Quests, Bosses in dungeons, disenchanting.
- New Stamina, Agility, Strength, Intellect flasks.
- New potions with interesting effects: [Potion of Deadly Grace], [Potion of the Old War], [Sylvan Elixir], [Avalanche Elixir], [Skystep Potion].
- There is a bunch of new Alchemy transmutes, letting players transform their reagents. (for example Ores to Herbs)
- [Spirit Cauldron] creates a cauldron that raid members can use to gain the benefit of a flask appropriate to their class and talents. This the only recipe that requires higher than 1 Alchemy skill. (Alchemy 800).
- Alchemy trinket: [Infernal Alchemist Stone]
- Leystone armor set is mainly for leveling.Demonsteel set is the new high level armor set.
- New mount: [Steelbound Harness] (Requires Blacksmithing 800)
- [Leystone Hoofplates] increase your mounted speed.
- [Demonsteel Stirrups] let you interact with objects while mounted. It's really handy for farming herbs/ores.
- New reagents: [Arkhana], [Leylight Shard], [Chaos Crystal]
- Ring enchants: Critical strike, Haste, Mastery, Versatility
- Cloak enchants: Strength, Agility, Intellect
- There is no weapon enchant in this expansion, Neck enchants will have more unique effects instead. These enchants are: [Mark of the Ancient Priestess], [Mark of the Claw], [Mark of the Distant Army], [Mark of the Heavy Hide], [Mark of the Hidden Satyr], [Mark of the Trained Soldier]
- Glove Enchants increase the speed of herbalism, mining, skinning, and surveying.
- New Pets: [Enchanted Cauldron], [Enchanted Torch], [Enchanted Pen]
- New Toy: [Leylight Brazier]
- [Enchant Shoulder - Boon of the Scavenger] - Gives a chance to loot [Scavenged Cloth] from corpses. It contains 18-20 [Shal'dorei Silk] (new cloth in legion).
- [Reaves Battery] - This basically act as a single-item platform for all of the usual Engineering crafted perk items Jeeves (Repair), MOLL-E (Mailbox), Wormhole (Teleport), Thermal Anvil (Crafting), Blingtron (Free Stuff), Fireworks Launcher (Fireworks), Goblin Barbecue (Snack Distribution). You can get these perks if you add modules to him. Only one module can be active at a time, you have to drop a new Reaves Battery if you want to use a different module. List of craftable modules.
- New Engineering googles. These can be upgraded with [Obliterum]
- [Mecha-Bond Imprint Matrix] - Hunters can tame mechanical pets with this. Consumed on use, and doing so permanently unlocks the ability for a Hunter to tame a mechanical pet.
- Gadgets: [Failure Detection Pylon], [Gunshoes], [Intra-Dalaran Wormhole Generator], [Pump-Action Bandage Gun]
- New pet: [Trigger]
- Major Glyphs removed, now you can only use Minor Glyphs. They are usually just visual changes to your spells, none of them will make your character stronger. Glyphs are directly applied to the spell in your spellbook.
- Vantus Runes increase your damage against a specific boss for a week. (example: [Vantus Rune: Cenarius])
- New darkmoon card: [Darkmoon Card of the Legion]
- Trinkets you get from the darkmoon card:
- Mass Prospect let you Prospect 20 ore at once.
- New ilvl 815 Rings, and new class-specific amulets. Each amulet has +719 Stamina, and 1 Prismatic Gem Socket. In addition, each one has a specific effect that grants a minor boon. Some are passive (Equip) effects, while others are On-Use effects. (example: [Tranquil Necklace of Prophecy]). These can be upgraded with [Obliterum].
- [Jeweled Lockpick] - You can pick locks with this.
- New toys: [JewelCraft], [Chatterstone]
- New uncommon gems: [Versatile Skystone], [Masterful Queen's Opal], [Quick Azsunite], [Deadly Deep Amber]
- New rare gems: [Deadly Eye of Prophecy], [Masterful Shadowruby], [Quick Dawnlight], [Versatile Maelstrom Sapphire]
- Epic gems which require Jewelcrafting 800 to craft: [Saber's Eye of Agility], [Saber's Eye of Intellect], [Saber's Eye of Strength]
- New armor sets: Dreadleather, Gravenscale, Battlebound, and Warhide.
- New mount: [Elderhorn Riding Harness] - Requires Leatherworking 800
- Toys: [Leather Pet Bed], [Flaming Hoop], [Leather Pet Leash], [Leather Love Seat]
- [Stonehide Leather Barding] - Prevents the player from being dazed while mounted in the Broken Isles.
- New armor sets: Silkweave and Imbued Silkweave.
- [Silkweave Satchel] is the new tailoring bag. It's only 24 slot but it's pretty cheap to craft. [Hexweave Bag] is still the largest bag you can craft with tailoring.
- Fun items: [Clothes Chest: Molten Core], [Clothes Chest: Dalaran Citizens], [Clothes Chest: Karazhan Opera House]
- You get the same number of herbs with herbalism skill 1 as with higher level herbalism, there are no longer partial herbs that you have to combine to get a herb.
- List of new herbs and their Rank 3 perks:
- [Felwort] - Gather seeds from all Broken Isles herbs.
- [Starlight Rose] - Attempting to gather a starlight rose will always succeed.
- [Foxflower] - Gather even more materials from each foxflower plant.
- [Fjarnskaggl] - Mount quickly after gathering any herb in the Broken Isles.
- [Aethril] - Gathering herbs in the Broken Isles may cause additional herbs to appear.
- [Dreamleaf] - Gather even more materials from each dreamleaf plant.
- New ores: [Leystone Ore], [Felslate] (Felstate is a rare spawn of Leystone)
- Rank 3 perk for these ores is that you get more ores from each node.
- New skin types: [Stormscale], [Stonehide Leather]
- Skinning perks you can get from quests itmes looted from mobs: Legion Gutting, Legion Butchery, Unbroken Claw, Unbroken Tooth
- Three new types of archaeology solves: Demonic Archaeology Fragment, Highmountain Tauren Archaeology Fragment, Highborne Archaeology Fragment.
- Rare solves come from quests. Every 2 weeks, a quest appears from archaeology trainer at level 110 which grants a rare item.
- Rare solves: [Spirit of Eche'ro], [Wyrmy Tunkins], [Spear of Rethu], [Starlight Beacon], [Crystalline Eye of Undravius]
- Some recipes are learned by researching. There is an NPC called Nomi in Dalaran, you have to give him cooking ingredient that he will research and turn into recipes for you.
- Foods with unique buffs: [Bear Tartare], [Fighter Chow], [Crispy Bacon]
- Every zone have different kind of baits that you can catch. If you catch one of these baits, you can use it to get a buff for 2 minutes, and while the buff lasts, you can catch rare fish like [Ancient Highmountain Salmon]. You will get 5 fishing skill if you throw this fish back into the water.
- The Wish Remover - Updated Dalaran fountain achievement. You can use items like [Wish Crystal] to make it easier to catch coins.
- Conjurer Margoss is a fishing related NPC. He is a "Friend" NPC, so there is an associated faction and reputation associated with him. He sells these items: [Sting Ray Pup], [Brinedeep Bottom-Feeder], [Arcane Lure], [Murloc Bobber]
- New fishing Artifact - A quest unlocks after you reach fishing 800 and catch every rare fish in legion.
- New First Aid recipes: [Silkweave Bandage], [Silvery Salve], [Silkweave Splint]
- There are wounded NPC quests around the Broken Isles. The wounded NPC quests require you to travel to a specific location on your map and use Legion First Aid items to heal them. You will get 5 first aid skill and 10-30 order resources.