There are a lot of changes to professions in the new expansion, so I made this page to list what I gathered so far. I will update this page everytime I find something interesting in the new beta builds. Last update: november 1.
- Direct combat benefits of Professions will be removed. This means you no longer have to level professions to get 0.5% dps increase, so leveling a profession will be more like a personal choice now.
- Realm First profession achievements are gone.
- Work orders and profession daily cooldowns convert raw materials like herbs and ores to a more useful reagent. Almost every new item you can craft requires this reagent generated from doing work orders, or your profession daily cooldwon, these reagents binds on pickup.
- You can craft items at your garrison without having professions. But, you can't craft the best items, consumables.
- Herbalism, Mining and Skinning will be easier to level. You can now pick herbs, harvest mineral nodes and skin animals without a required skill. The amount of ore/herb/leather you'll get is determined by your skill level. This is similar what we have now for herbs and ores in pandaria. You can read more about this here.
- You can craft directly from your bank.
- There are new Elemental reagents: [Sorcerous Air], [Sorcerous Earth], [Sorcerous Water], [Sorcerous Fire]. You can get these by completing work orders at your garrion, or doing your daily profession cooldown.
- Stack size for many crafting materials is increasing to 200.
- You can have up to three Garrison building generating materials for different professions. This is similar to how the Tiller's farm currently work.
- Healing Potions no longer share a cooldown with other potions, but instead share a 60-second cooldown with Healthstones. The cooldown will not reset until the player leaves combat.
Table of Contents
- Draenor Flasks provide 400 stats, and Greater Draenor Flasks provide 500. Example:[Draenic Agility Flask] -> [Greater Draenic Agility Flask]
- There are potions which boost your primary stat or armor by 2000 for 25 sec.
- [Draenic Philosopher's Stone] is an updated version of [Zen Alchemist Stone].
- There is currently no updated version of Potion of Luck.
- Garrison Building: Alchemy Lab.
- New keystones: [Frostwolf Clan Relic], [Ogre Empire Relic], [Shadowmoon Clan Relic]
- New types of Draenor digsites: Arakkoa, Ogre, Orc Clan
- New epic plate set: Truesteel
- [Truesteel Essence] upgrades ilvl 640 Blacksmithing armor to 655 and [Greater Truesteel Essence] upgrades it to 665.
- You can craft ilvl 630 weapons like [Truesteel Hammer]. These weapons can be upgraded with [Steelforged Essence] and [Greater Steelforged Essence].
- Rare plate armors: [Smoldering Greaves], [Smoldering Breastplate], [Smoldering Helm]
- [Truesteel Grinder] - Rerolls the secondary properties of Blacksmtihing weapons and shields with item level 630 or above.
- Garrison building: The Forge
- You can learn additional recipes as you either cook or taste Warlords of Draenor food.
- All Draenor food can be discovered and cooked at skill level 1. But you can create more servings of a recipe if you have higher cooking skill.
- Cooking recipes are split into two tiers. The weaker food grants 125 of a stat and requires a single piece of meat/fish. The stronger food grants 150 of a stat and requires two weaker dishes as well as an herb to cook. Weaker food: [Blackrock Ham] - 1x Draenor Boar Flesh Stronger food: [Blackrock Barbecue] - 1x [Blackrock Ham], 1x [Grilled Gulper], 1x Fireweed
- All current enchants cannot be used on items higher than level 600.
- You can disenchant without Enchanting if you have enchanting small building at your garrison.
- The new enchants are only for cloak, neck, ring and weapons.
- Weapon enchant transmog for old enchants like Mongoose.
- New materials: [Draenic Dust], [Blackfire Essence], [Rune Shard]
- Garrison Building: Enchanter's Study
- [Mark of Blackrock] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase armor by 500 for 12 sec. Effect can only occur when you are below 50% health.
- [Mark of Shadowmoon] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase Spirit by 500 for 15 sec. Effect can only occur when you are below 50% mana.
- [Mark of the Frostwolf] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increases multistrike by 500 for 6 sec. Effect can stack 2 times.
- [Mark of the Shattered Hand] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes bleed your enemy for 5733 to 6662 damage over 6 sec.
- [Mark of the Thunderlord] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase your critical strike by 500 for 6 sec. While active, critical heals and attacks may extend the duration.
- [Mark of Warsong] - Permanently enchants a melee weapon to sometimes increase haste by (100 * 10), diminishing by 10% every 2 sec.
- There are three versions of each pair of Warlords goggles, at levels 640, 650, and 675.
- New BoP gun that has three versions, at levels 630, 675, 700.
- Ranged weapon enchants: [Megawatt Filament], [Oglethorpe's Missile SplitterLinks]
- [Blingtron 5000] - While he will give out gifts to players once per day, he will also fight other Blingtron units to the death. (4 Hrs Cooldown)
- [Walter] - Attempts to assemble Walter, the world's laziest waiter and butler, who might help out for up to 10 min. Jeeves can grant bank access to his creator. For everyone else, he sells some fairly terrible food. (1 Hour Cooldown)
- [GUMM-E] - MOLL-E usable by non-Engineers.
- [Findle's Loot-A-Rang] - non-Engineer version of the Loot-A-Rang.
- [Gearspring Parts] - Seems to be something you get by fixing or creating devices.
- [World Shrinker] - Only for Gnomish engineers.
- [Ultimate Gnomish Army Knife] - Not a combat rez, but will work 100% of the time. Side effects on the engineer may still occur.
- [Wormhole Centrifuge]: New Engineering wormhole
- Garrison Building: Engineering Works
- For each fish type, there are 3 sizes of fish: Small, Normal, Enormous. It will depend on your fishing skill which one you can catch. All of these fish can be opened. Small, Normal and Enormous sizes will contain different volumes of Flesh (example: [Fat Sleeper Flesh]), and that Flesh will be used in cooking recipes.
- Each fish type has a specific named bait, which can only be used in the appropriate zone. The type of fish caught from open water is determined by the use of Bait.
- Garrison building: Fishing Shack
- You can now pick herbs without a required skill. The amount of herbs you'll get is determined by your skill level.
- [Chameleon Lotus]
- [Gorgrond Flytrap]
- [Nagrand Arrowbloom]
- [Talador Orchid]
- Garrison building: Herb Garden
- New Darkmoon card: [Darkmoon Card of Draenor]. The decks you can make with it are:
- New ilvl 630 staff, offhand, and wand.
- You can upgrade these items to 640 and 655 with [Mystical Crystal] and [Glorious Crystal]
- All the old research methods are gone. You can now discover Glyphs from non-cooldown research spells like Research: Moonglow Ink.
- New inscription materials: [Warbinder's Ink], [Ink of the Clans], [War Paints]
- Exclusive categories have been added for some glyphs. Other glyphs from the same category cannot be applied at the same time. (you can't use two glyphs that buff the same ability)
- Some glyphs are now exclusive to a specialization.
- All classes now learn some of their Major Glyphs at level 25, 50, 60, and 75. Recipes for these Glyphs have been removed. Draenor Research - Discovers a glyph recipe that uses Ink of War. If you know all the Ink of War glyphs, you will instead learn a glyph that uses any lesser ink.
- Garrison building: Scribe's Quarters
- You can't prospect the new ores. You can get materials for gems from your garrison workorders.
- Unlike gem sockets today, gem sockets in Warlords of Draenor will be rarer but more powerful. They have a small chance to be on an item.
- Primary stats, so strength, intellect and agility, will no longer be gem-able. Only secondary stat gems including Spirit and Bonus Armor.
- Meta gems and socket bonuses are removed.
- You can craft ilvl 640 epic necks and rings.
- These crafted items can be upgraded with [Taladite Amplifier] and [Greater Taladite Amplifier].
- You can reroll the secondary stats of your crafted epic items with [Taladite Recrystalizer],
- Garrison building: Gem Boutique
- Two vanity items: [Prismatic Focusing Lens], [Reflecting Prism]
- Wayfaring and Supple are the epic ilvl 640 Leatherworking crafted sets.
- New bags: [Burnished Inscription Bag], [Burnished Leather Bag], [Burnished Mining Bag]
- Epic capes: [Brilliant Burnished Cloak], [Nimble Burnished Cloak], [Powerful Burnished Cloak]
- [Burnished Essence] upgrades ilvl 640 Leatherworking armor to 655 and [Greater Burnished Essence] upgrades it to 665.
- You can reroll the secondary properties with [Leather Refurbishing Kit].
- Garrison building: The Tannery
- You can now harvest mineral nodes without a required skill. The amount of ore you'll get is determined by your skill level.
- New ores: [True Iron Ore], [Draenic Iron Ore], [Blackrock Ore]
- Garrison building: Mine
- New materials: [Raw Best Hide Scraps], [Raw Best Hide], [Stitched Starglazed Leather], [Burnished Leather]
- Skinning skill requirement will be removed and the amount of leather you'll get will be determined by your skill level.
- Cloths now also drop from some beasts.
- New materials: [Hexweave Thread], [Sumptuous Fur], [Hexweave Cloth]
- [Hexweave Bag] - New 30 slot bag.
- [Creeping Carpet] - New mount.
- Epic crafted capes: [Brilliant Hexweave Cloak], [Nimble Hexweave Cloak], [Powerful Hexweave Cloak]
- Epic ilvl 640 gear: Hexweave Armor
- You can upgrade your crafted armor with [Hexweave Essence] to 655, and then to 665 with [Greater Hexweave Essence].
- You can reroll the secondary properties of your crafted items with [Hexweave Embroidery].
- Rare ilvl 530-570 gear: Hand Spun Armor
- Garrison building: Tailoring Emporium