I made this Spirit of Harmony farming guide to help out players who want to farm Spirit of Harmony instead of buying them from the Auction House. Spirit of Harmony comes from combining 10 Mote of Harmony, the Motes are dropped by every mob in Pandaria, even in dungeons.
Spirit of Harmony
Heart of Fear
Farming the trash mobs before the first boss in "Raid Finder" Heart of Fear is the best way to farm Spirit of Harmony.
Heart of Fear is a level 90 raid instance, but every level 110+ character can easily solo this. You can try it with lower levels, but you will probably kill mobs too slow.
To enter "Raid Finder" Heart of Fear, talk to Lorewalker Han in the Seat of Knowledge above Mogu'shan Palace at the Vale of Eternal Blossom. You have to fly up, he is located at the 2nd level of the building.
Here is what to do step by step:
- Talk to Lorewalker Han, click on "Tell me The Dread Approach to the Heart of Fear". (3rd row)
- A new window will pop up after a few seconds, hit "Enter Raid".
- Clear the first two rooms, but DON'T KILL THE FIRST BOSS! (The boss will spawn after you cleared every trash in the room.)
- After you killed and looted the trash mobs, right click on your own portrait and click on "Leave Instance Group". This will teleport you outside.
- Once outside, right click on your portrait again and click on "Reset all instances".
- Repeat these steps above.
You can only reset an instance 10 times in an hour, and one clear takes around 2 minutes, so you will hit the limit pretty fast. You can expect 8-14 Mote of Harmony each run.
Sra'Vess is a great alternative if you can't solo Heart of Fear.
Valley of the Four Winds
This place is only accessible if you have a flying mount. The Stout Shaghorns located here are roaming in packs of six, but they are not hostile which means you can kill them one by one if you don't have enough AoE dps to nuke them down. The respawn rate is really fast, it seems like there is always at least one pack up.
Howlingwind Cavern in Kun-Lai summit is also a decent place to farm. You will find Mischievous Snow Sprites and Suspicious Snow Piles in the cave. You can open the snow piles by stepping on them or using AoE spells.