This guide provides an overview of the additions and changes to Enchanting in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth.
Table of contents
- Learning BfA Enchanting
- Leveling Enchanting
- Acquiring Recipes
- Enchanting Perks
- Crafting Materials
- Glove Enchants
- Utility and Miscellaneous Items
- Weapon Enchants
- Ring Enchants
Learning BfA Enchanting
The new BfA Enchanting skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find Enchantress Quinni in Dazar'alor at the Terrace of Crafters.
- Alliance: Emily Fairweather is located in Boralus at the Tradewinds Market.
You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Enchanting trainer is located. This will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Professions skills are split between expansions now, you'll have a separate skill bar for each expansion. This means you can level the new Battle for Azeroth skill tier without putting any point into any of the previous expansions tiers, you don't have to level Enchanting with older materials to be able to craft the new BfA items. The new Battle for Azeroth Enchanting has a maximum of 150 skill points. You can read more about this in my BfA Profession overview.
Every BfA recipe will require different Enchanting skill levels, so it's very different from what we had in Legion where you could make most high-level enchants with Enchanting skill 1. You will have to level your BfA Enchanting skill up if you want to make high-level enchants.
Check out my BfA Enchanting Leveling Guide 1-150, if you are looking for a more in-depth leveling guide with exact numbers and reagents needed
Most recipes still have ranks just like in Legion, but there are no profession quests for crafting profession in BfA, you will learn most rank 1 and rank 2 recipes from your trainer. They are gated by profession skill, so you have to level your Enchanting up to get every recipe.
- Rank 1: Allows you to craft the item.
- Rank 2: Reduces the materials required to craft an item.
- Rank 3: Greatly reduces the materials required to craft an item.
You can buy most Rank 3 recipes from vendors, but none of them require Exalted reputation, only Revered, so it's pretty easy to get them. (A few rank 3 recipes come from World Quests)
- Zandalari Empire - Natal'hakata in Zuldazar.
- Voldunai recipes - Hoarder Jena in Vol'dun.
- Talanji's Expedition - Provisioner Lija in Nazmir.
- The Honorbound - Ransa Greyfeather in Zuldazar.
- Storm's Wake - Sister Lilyana in Stormsong Valley.
- Order of Embers - Quartermaster Alcorn in Drustvar.
- Proudmoore Admiralty - Provisioner Fray in Tiragarde Sound.
- 7th Legion - Vindicator Jaelaana in Tiragarde Sound.
- Tortollan Seekers - Collector Kojo at Scaletrader Post in Zuldazar, or by Collector Kojo at Seeker's Vista in Stormsong Valley.
Tools of the Trade - Iwen's Enchanting Rod
If you level your character to level 120 and your Battle for Azeroth Enchanting to 150, then you can unlock a special questline to craft Iwen's Enchanting Rod. This rod will give you more materials when you disenchant items, and you can also spend 1 Veiled Crystal to power up an inert golem, which is a small guardian pet that will follow you around and helps you fight mobs.
The questline will take you through the process of creating your tool and give you some backstory on where the recipe comes from. Most of the quests are really straightforward and easy so I'll skip explaining each quests. Just follow your quest log and check the markers on your map.
To get started on your profession quest line, speak with your profession trainer Pin'jin the Patient (Horde) in Dazar'alor or Daniel Brineweaver (Alliance) in Boralus. You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where your profession trainer is located. This will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
After you complete the quest chain, you will get the Recipe: Iwen's Enchanting Rod recipe. To craft this item, you need:
- 10 x Expulsom
- 10 x Veiled Crystal
- 20 x Umbra Shard
- 50 x Lingering Drust Essence - Drops from NPCs in Waycrest Manor dungeon, or coven elites around Drustvar.
- 1 x Runestone of Thros - Drops from Gorak Tul in Waycrest Manor dungeon. (any difficulty)
- 1 x Grasping Wicker Arm - Drops from Gnarled Hulk in Drustvar.
There are three new wrist enchants to buff your heathstone while in Kul Tiras or Zandalar. Only the enchanter's bracers can be enchanted, and doing so will cause them to become soulbound.
- Cooled Hearthing - Reduces the cooldown of your hearthstone by 5 minutes.
- Safe Hearthing - Creates an absorb shield around you while using your Hearthstone.
- Swift Hearthing Increase the speed of your Hearthstone cast.
There are also 5 soulbound crafting materials:
Expulsom is obtained primarily from scrapping armors and weapons using the Scrap-o-Matic 1000 (Alliance), or the Shred-Master Mk1 (Horde). These tools work like disenchanting, you can break down any gear obtained that is from the Battle for Azeroth expansion, including dungeon/raid drops, quest rewards, world drops, and crafted gear. You can read about this in more detail if you visit my Expulsom Farming Guide.
Tidalcore is a guaranteed drop from the last boss in a Mythic dungeons and from the chest at the end of any level Mythic Plus Dungeon. They can also drop from the last boss of a heroic dungeon, however, this is not a guaranteed drop.
Breath of Bwonsamdi drops from bosses in the new raid Battle for Dazar'alor and is used for crafting epic 400 and 415 item Alchemy trinkets. (1 from each LFR wing, 1 from a Normal boss, 10 from a Heroic boss, 20 from a Mythic boss)
Sanguicell drops from raid bosses in Uldir. (1 from each LFR wing, 1 from a Normal boss, 10 from a Heroic boss, 20 from a Mythic boss)
Hydrocore used to drop in Mythic dungeons, but it no longers drops since path 8.1, and you can only get it by using Transmutes.
Utility and Miscellaneous Items
|Aqueous Invocation||1||Convert Tidalcore into Hydrocore|
|Sanguinated Invocation||1||Convert Breath of Bwonsamdi into Sanguicell|
|Sanguinated Expulsion||1||Converts 20 Sanguicell, 5 Gloom Dust, 1 Umbra Shard into 1 Expulsom|
|Enchanted Tiki Mask||1||Creates Enchanted Tiki Mask battle pet. The recipe is dropped by King Rastakhan the sixth boss in Battle of Dazar'alor raid.|
|Disenchanting Rod||60||A follower equipment that gives your champions a chance to bring back enchanting dust from successful missions. (very low chance)|
|Umbra Shatter||40||Shatters an Umbra Shard into 3 Gloom Dust.|
|Veiled Shatter||85||Shatters a Veiled Crystal into 2 Umbra Shard.|
- Zandalari Crafting / Kul Tiran Crafting - Increase the speed of crafting items from primary professions of Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
- Zandalari Herbalism / Kul Tiran Herbalism - Increase the speed of herb gathering on Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
- Zandalari Mining / Kul Tiran Mining- Increase the speed of mining on Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
- Zandalari Skinning / Kul Tiran Skinning - Increase the speed of skinning on Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
- Zandalari Surveying / Kul Tiran Surveying - Increase the speed of archaeological surveying on Kul Tiras and Zandalar.
|Recipe||Skill||Rank 3 recipe|
|Enchanter's Umbral Wand||10||-|
|Enchanter's Sorcerous Scepter||Rank 1: 85
Rank 2: 100
|The Honorbound / 7th Legion - Revered|
|Honorable Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter||85||Rank 2 and 3 sold by Ozgrom Ragefang (Horde) / Leedan Gustaf (Alliance)|
|Sinister Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter||130||Rank 2 and 3 sold by Ozgrom Ragefang (Horde) / Leedan Gustaf (Alliance)|
There is a couple of new weapon enchants. There are three unique ones that give increased attack speed, elemental damage buff, or a heal over time effect on the target. Six of them gives stats: Leech, Crit, Master, Haste, Armor, Versatility
(Heal over time effect) (Elemental damage) (Attack speed) (Leech) (Crit) (Armor) (Mastery) (Haste) (Versatility)
|Weapon Enchant - Coastal Surge||40||95||World Quest|
|Weapon Enchant - Torrent of Elements||40||95||World Quest|
|Weapon Enchant - Gale-Force Striking||40||95||Voldunai / Order of Embers - Revered|
|Weapon Enchant - Siphoning||40||95||Talanji's Expedition / Proudmoore Admiralty - Revered|
|Weapon Enchant - Deadly Navigation||60||125||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Weapon Enchant - Stalwart Navigation||60||125||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Weapon Enchant - Masterful Navigation||60||125||Talanji's Expedition / Proudmoore Admiralty - Revered|
|Weapon Enchant - Quick Navigation||60||125||World Quest|
|Weapon Enchant - Versatile Navigation||60||125||Voldunai / Order of Embers - Revered|
Pact and Seal are the two new type of ring enchants. Pact enchants give slightly more stat than Seal enchantments, but require more reagents and a higher skill level to learn.
|Seal of Critical Strike||1||35||Tortollan Seekers - Revered|
|Seal of Haste||1||35||World Quest|
|Seal of Mastery||1||35||World Quest|
|Seal of Versatility||1||35||Tortollan Seekers - Revered|
|Pact of Critical Strike||75||100||The Honorbound / 7th Legion - Revered|
|Pact of Haste||75||100||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Pact of Mastery||75||100||Talanji's Expedition / Proudmoore Admiralty - Revered|
|Pact of Versatility||75||100||Voldunai / Order of Embers - Revered|