This guide's primary focus is leveling Enchanting, but you can visit my Battle for Azeroth Enchanting Guide if you want to read more about the new changes, Enchanting bonuses, and recipes.
Enchanting goes well with Tailoring because you don't need a gathering profession to support either of these. If you level Tailoring and Enchanting together, then you can disenchant most items you craft. But you will spend a lot of gold on this profession if you want to buy everything from the Auction House. It depends on the realm economy but can cost up to tens of thousands of gold.
I recommend using Zygor's 1-60 Leveling Guide if you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt. The guide is in a small window on your main screen in-game. All the detail that you need to complete the quests are included. You’ll never have to switch back to a website, or even the in-game main map to see where you have to go or what’s next. And if you are low on gold, I recommend trying this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make a lot of gold.
BfA Enchanting Trainer Location
The new BfA Enchanting skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find Enchantress Quinni in Dazar'alor at the Terrace of Crafters.
- Alliance: Emily Fairweather is in Boralus at the Tradewinds Market.
You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Enchanting trainer is. Asking the guard will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Most high-level Battle for Azeroth Enchanting recipes has 3 ranks. Higher rank recipes reduce the materials required to create a recipe, and also give skill points much longer.
Unlocking World Quests
Some of the Rank 3 recipes are locked behind World Quests. They show up randomly, so you can't predict when you can get them, but there are new ones up every couple of days. They will be marked with a small enchanting icon on your world map.
Approximate Materials Required
Leveling BfA Enchanting
Blood Elf characters have +10 Enchanting skill because of their passive [Arcane Affinity]. An extra 10 Enchanting skill means recipes stay orange for 10 more points, so you can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 10 more points.
You should put the enchants on an Enchanting Vellum, so you can sell them at the Auction House. Enchanting Vellum is sold by General Goods vendors or Enchanting Supply vendors near your trainer.
1 - 30
Make around 40 from any of the glove enchants that cost 5 Gloom Dust.
- 40 x Any glove enchant - 200 Gloom Dust
30 - 35
- 7 x Any from the "Seal of..." ring enchants - 84 Gloom Dust
You might have to make a few more.
You can also make 5 from any of the .... Hearthing enchants if you can get cheap Umbra Shard.
35 - 85
Learn the rank 2 ring enchants from the trainer, then get a rank 3 ring enchant recipe
- 70 x Rank 3 ring enchants - 560 Gloom Dust
I recommend waiting until you can get any of the rank 3 ring enchant recipes because the rank 2 is only yellow up to 57, while rank 3 stays yellow up to 75. There is no other good alternative for the 60-85, everything is just really expensive.
Reaching Revered with the Tortollan Seekers will take some time, but the World Quests can pop up anytime. It's possible you might get one of them right away after you unlock World Quests.
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Seal of Critical Strike - Sold by Collector Kojo. It requires Tortollan Seekers - Revered.
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Seal of Versatility - Sold by Collector Kojo. It requires Tortollan Seekers - Revered.
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Seal of Mastery - Reward from World quest "Work Order: Enchant Ring - Seal of Mastery"
- Formula: Enchant Ring - Seal of Haste - Reward from World Quest "Work Order: Enchant Ring - Seal of Haste"
If you really want to get to 75 to unlock the best ring enchants, and you don't care about the cost, then you can make these:
40 x Rank 2 ring enchants - 400 Gloom Dust
If you don't have Veiled Crystal, or it's extremely expensive, you should make this one up to 75.
25 x Weapon Enchant - Deadly Navigation - 200 Umbra Shard, 500 Gloom Dust, 25 Veiled Crystal
You can make any other weapon enchants that have the same material cost as this one.
Every weapon enchant recipe will be yellow, so 25 is just an approximate number.
85 - 95
- 15 x Weapon Enchant - Deadly Navigation - 120 Umbra Shard, 300 Gloom Dust, 15 Veiled Crystal
You can make any other weapon enchants that have the same material cost as this one. It will be a lot easier to sell at the Auction House if you make a few from each enchants. Every weapon enchants recipe will be yellow, so 15 is just an approximate number.
95 - 120
Learn the rank 2 weapon enchants from the trainer, then get a rank 3 weapon enchant recipe.
- 25 x Any rank 3 weapon enchant - 100 Umbra Shard, 625 Gloom Dust, 25 Veiled Crystal
Rank 3 Recipes:
- Formula: Enchant Weapon - Coastal Surge - World Quest "Work Order: Enchant Weapon - Coastal Surge"
- Formula: Enchant Weapon - Torrent of Elements - World Quest "Work Order: Enchant Weapon - Torrent of Elements"
- Formula: Enchant Weapon - Gale-Force Striking - Sold by Hoarder Jena (Horde) / Quartermaster Alcorn (Alliance). Requires Revered reputation with Voldunai (Horde) / Order of Embers (Alliance)
- Formula: Enchant Weapon - Siphoning - Sold by Provisioner Lija (Horde) / Provisioner Fray (Alliance). Requires Revered reputation with Talanji's Expedition (Horde) / Proudmoore Admiralty (Alliance)
The world quest recipes are really easy to get. But they show up randomly, so you can't predict when you can get them.
120 - 125
- 7 x Any Rank 2 "Pact of..." ring enchant - 35 Veiled Crystal, 28 Umbra Shard, 90 Gloom Dust
Rank 2 - Enchanter's Sorcerous Scepter would be cheaper to make, but you can always sell the ring enchants so you will make most of your gold back.
125 - 145
- 25 x Enchanted Tiki Mask - 500 Gloom Dust, 50 Umbra Shard
The Formula: Enchanted Tiki Mask is dropped by King Rastakhan inside Battle of Dazar'alor raid. It drops in every difficulty so you can get it in Raid Finder. I went there with 3 different characters and got it for the first time with all 3 of them, so I think it's 100% drop rate.
If you don't want to get the Tiki Mask recipe, you can start making the recipe below, but it will be more expensive.
Darkmoon Faire free +5 skill points
You should check your Calendar in-game to see if the Darkmoon Faire is open, the event starts at 00:01 on the Sunday before the 1st Monday of each month.
You can gain +5 skill points by completing a single quest (use it at 170). Check out my Darkmoon Faire Profession Quests Guide to read more about the quests.
145 - 150
5 x Rank 1 - Notorious Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter - 5 Star Wood, 125 Gloom Dust, 35 Umbra Shard, 15 Expulsom
The Star Wood is sold by Enchanting supply vendors, trade good vendors, or from the Enchanting Trainer. The closest one I think is back at your trainer at Zuldazar / Kul Tiras.
How to get Expulsom?
150 - 165
15 x Rank 2 - Notorious Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter - 15 Star Wood, 345 Gloom Dust, 90 Umbra Shard, 30 Expulsom
How to get Mark of Honor?
You can get Mark of Honor from doing Battlegrounds and Arenas. The most reliable way is to just do some Battlegrounds since you get Mark of Honor most of the time. You will get 2 for a win, and 1 for a loss but only if you don't lose with a very low score (like 100-200 score, or 0 flags). If you want to farm it in arena, then you have to pray to the RNG gods, because the box which contains Mark of Honor is rewarded randomly after winning.
NOTE: Mark of Honor is account bound, so you can send it to your character from your alts.
165 - 175
10 x Rank 3 - Notorious Combatant's Sorcerous Scepter - 10 Star Wood, 200 Gloom Dust, 50 Umbra Shard, 10 Expulsom
I hope you liked this BfA Enchanting guide, congratulations on reaching 175!