This Draenor Tailoring leveling guide will show you the fastest way how to level your Draenor Tailoring skill up from 1 to 100 as inexpensively as possible.
Often the materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Draenor Tailoring.
Learning Draenor Tailoring
You have to get a [Draenor Tailoring] scroll to learn Draenor Tailoring. This scroll will also teach you a few basic Tailoring recipes.
There are three ways to obtain this scroll:
- You can buy it from the vendor near your Tailoring trainer at Ashran. Alliance players can find Steven Cochrane at Stormshield, and Horde players can find Petir Starocean at Warspear. (Learn Tailoring first from the trainer near the NPCs)
- If you build a Tailoring Emporium at your garrison, you can buy the scroll from one of the NPCs at the building. Complete the "Your First Tailoring Work Order" quest first, or the NPC won't sell you anything. (You also must learn Tailoring first from any Tailoring trainer)
- If you are still leveling your character, you can loot a quest item to start a quest chain.
- Alliance: Loot [Cryptic Tome of Tailoring] from Karnoth during Shadows Awaken quest, or from Draenor mobs.
- Horde: Loot [Frostwolf Tailoring Kit] from Dorogg the Ruthless during The Butcher of Bladespire quest, or from Draenor mobs.
1 - 100
- 1 - 2
Make one [Secrets of Draenor Tailoring].
Buy [Pattern: Hexweave Embroidery] at Ashran from Steven Cochrane (Alliance) at Stormshield, or from Petir Starocean (Horde) at Warspear.(you can also buy it at the Tailoring Emporium at your garrison)
- 2 - 50
150 x [Antiseptic Bandage] - 750 x Sumptuous Fur
This recipe will be green for the last 25 points, so 150 is just an approximate number.
- 50 - 100
50 x [Hexweave Embroidery] - 1500 x Sumptuous Fur
Alternative way to level
There is an alternative way to level, which will cost a lot fewer Sumptuous Fur. Around 1400 Sumptuous Fur instead of 2250.
There are several NPCs that can randomly spawn in your garrison each day. They will appear in the entryway of your level 3 town hall, they won't spawn in lower level Town Halls. There is a set rotation of profession traders for each day:
- Ore -> Dust -> Fur -> Leather -> Herb
Everyone on your realm will have the same trader if they get the trader, but it's not guaranteed that you get a profession trader in your garrison, even if it's the day it supposed to spawn because other questgiver can also spawn. Basically, one NPC will spawn out of 4 and there is a chance for that NPC to be a profession trader.
You will want to get the Fur traders Dorothy "Two" (Alliance) / Calvo Klyne (Horde), because they sell [Pattern: Primal Weaving] which you will use to level Tailoring. If you click on the NPC links above, it will take you to wowhead.com where you will see a small box on the right with a title "Quick Facts". There you can see two dates, those are the dates when the Fur Trader can spawn in your garrison. (for some reason the dates are currently swapped, so if you play in Europe, use NA dates, if you play from NA, use EU dates)
If the Fur Trader didn't spawn, then you have to wait another 5 days, or you can still try use the trader at someone else's garrison. So, you can ask your friends/guild mates to check which NPC they got. Then have them invite you into a group, and then right-click your own portrait and select "view leader's garrison". This will take you to their garrison and you can use the Fur Trader they have there.
- 1 - 25
40 x [Antiseptic Bandage] - 200 x Sumptuous Fur
This recipe will be yellow, so 40 is just an approximate number.
- 25 - 100
75 x [Primal Weaving] - 75 x Primal Spirit, 750 x Sumptuous Fur
You can buy the [Pattern: Primal Weaving] recipe from the Fur Trader for 60 x Sumptuous Fur
[Primal Spirit] is also sold by the Fur Trader for 5 x Sumptuous Fur each, so you will need 375 x Sumptuous Fur.
If you played during the Warlords of Draenor expansion, then you probably have hundreds of these in your bank, so you can save even more gold because you don't have to buy any of them.
I hope you liked this Draenor Tailoring leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 100!