This Legion Inscription leveling guide will help you to level your profession from 1 to 100, the guide's main focus is to show you how to level this profession, if you are looking for more detailed information about Inscription, read my Inscription guide.
Inscription is the best combined with Herbalism because you can save a lot of gold by farming the needed herbs, so check out my Herbalism leveling guide if you want to level Herbalism.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 120 in 8 days with this guide.
Learning Legion Inscription
First, visit your Inscription trainer Professor Pallin at Dalaran. Just walk up to a guard in the city, you can ask them where the Inscription trainer is located.
Pick up the quest Sign This (Requires level 98) from Professor Pallin.
The quest reward is [Legion Scribe].
1 - 40
Nightborne characters have +15 Inscription skill because of their passive [Ancient History]. An extra 15 Inscription skill means recipes stay orange for 15 more points. You can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 15 more points.
You can usually get [Light Parchment] from the vendor near your trainer or at any general goods vendor.
[Technique: Tome of the Tranquil Mind] can be collected from a treasure scroll near your trainer on the counter in the back of The Scribes Sacellum in Dalaran.
This recipe will be yellow between 20-40, so you might have to make more.
40 - 100
You have to get one of the Nighthold Rank 3 Vantus rune recipe. They are all pretty much useless by now, so this is a huge waste of gold, but there is no other good alternative. Higher rank recipes allow you to craft an item for fewer materials, and they stay orange for a lot longer (grants guaranteed skill-ups). You can't level to 100 until you get rank 3 from one of the recipes below.
- 60 x [Any of the listed Rank 3 Vantus Runes below] - 180 x Sallow Pigment, 900 x Roseate Pigment
You could also try to make Gylphs up to 770, but Glyph recipes are green between 745-770, so you would have to make a lot, but at least you can sell some of those.
Rank 1 and Rank 2 Vantus Runes
You basically have to kill a boss twice. Kill one at LFR difficulty, learn the rank 1 recipe, then kill the same boss again on normal/hc. (or wait a week for another Looking For Raid kill)
Rank 3 Vantus Runes
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Star Augur Etraeus] - Sold by Marin Bladewing - Requires The Wardens Revered
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Spellblade Aluriel] - Sold by Marin Bladewing - Requires The Wardens Revered
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Trilliax] - Sold by Veridis Fallon - Requires Court of Farondis Revered.
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Skorpyron] - Sold by Veridis Fallon - Requires Court of Farondis Revered.
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Krosus] - Sold by Veridis Fallon - Requires Court of Farondis Revered.
- [Vantus Rune Technique: High Botanist Tel'arn] - Sold by Veridis Fallon - Requires Court of Farondis Revered.
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Grand Magistrix Elisande] - Chance to drop when looting Archaeology fragments. (low chance)
- [Vantus Rune Technique: Chronomatic Anomaly] - Fished from Cursed Queenfish at Azsuna. (low chance)
I hope you liked this Legion Inscription leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 100!