This guide provides an overview of all the additions and changes to Leatherworking in World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
Table of Contents
- Shadowlands Leatherworking Trainer Location
- Acquiring recipes
- Raw Materials
- Crafting Leatherworking Legendary Base items
- Optional Reagents
- Leather Armors
- Mail Armors
- Other Items
Shadowlands Leatherworking Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Leatherworking from Tanner Au'qil in Oribos in the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 42.6, 26.8)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
In Shadowlands, most recipes only have one rank, and you can learn most of them from your trainer. This makes leveling professions much easier since you don't have to grind reputations to get higher rank recipes.
These 2 recipes below are the only ones that you can't learn from your trainer:
- Pattern: Heavy Desolate Armor Kit - Requires Honored reputation with The Wild Hunt faction.
- Recipe: Crafter's Mark II - Requires Cordial "reputation" with Ve'nari.
All skinnable mobs can drop these 5 skinning materials:
- Desolate Leather - Common leather, drops every time.
- Pallid Bone - Often drops from Skinning mobs.
- Callous Hide - Rare drop
- Heavy Desolate Leather - Rare drop from skinning mobs, and can be created from 10x Desolate Leather
- Heavy Callous Hide - Very rarely drop from Skinning mobs, and can also be created from 10x Callous Hide
Crafting Leatherworking Legendary Base items
Crafting your own Legendary Armor is one of the new features in the Shadowlands expansion. The Legendary armors require 4 different components before you can craft them, and one of them is the Base item (Rune Vessel) that determine the slot you are making your armor for, and the item level of your armor. These base items are crafted by players with Leatherworking, Leatherworking, Tailoring, and Jewelcrafting.
How to learn the Base Item recipes?
Once you reach 100 in Shadowlands Leatherworking, the Runecarver will offer you The Vessels of Leather and Bone quest.
Read my Shadowlands Legendary Gear crafting guide to learn how to unlock the Runecarver.
How to craft higher ilvl Base Items?
Every base item has four ranks, and each of them will have its own little experience bar. You will gain experience each time you craft a base item and once you fill the experience bar, you will learn the next rank. Crafting a higher rank base item will give more experience.
- Rank 1 (iLvl 190) - 5 Experience/craft - 75 xp needed for rank 2
- Rank 2 (iLvL 210) - 10 Experience/craft - 150 xp needed for rank 3
- Rank 3 (iLvL 225) - 15 experience/craft - 225 xp needed for rank 4
- Rank 4 (iLvL 235)
Crafting 15 Rank 1 base items will unlock Rank 2, 15 Rank 2 crafts will unlock Rank 3, and 15 Rank 3 craft will unlock Rank 4.
Higher rank base items also require a lot more materials. A rank 4 item usually costs around 4 times as much as a rank 1.
Full list of base items
- Umbrahide Helm
- Umbrahide Pauldrons
- Umbrahide Vest
- Umbrahide Armguards
- Umbrahide Gauntlets
- Umbrahide Waistguard
- Umbrahide Leggings
- Umbrahide Treads
- Boneshatter Helm
- Boneshatter Pauldrons
- Boneshatter Vest
- Boneshatter Armguards
- Boneshatter Gauntlets
- Boneshatter Waistguard
- Boneshatter Greaves
- Boneshatter Treads
These reagents change the item level of a crafted armor or weapon. (You can actually downgrade an item's item level and its level requirement if you use a lower level optional reagent)
These 3 optional reagents below can only be used to craft items from Shadowlands. All 8 manufacturing professions can craft these, so they are not exclusive to Leatherworking.
New Desolate Leather Armor set.
- Desolate Leather Armguards - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Desolate Leather Treads - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Desolate Leather Waistguard - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Desolate Leather Leggings - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Desolate Leather Gauntlets - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Desolate Leather Helm - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Desolate Leather Vest - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
- Desolate Leather Pauldrons - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
The Shadebound Leather armor set pieces are ilvl 151, and they all require level 60 to equip.
- Shadebound Armguards
- Shadebound Treads
- Shadebound Waistguard
- Shadebound Gauntlets
- Shadebound Helm
- Shadebound Vest
- Shadebound Pauldrons
- Shadebound Leggings
New Desolate Scale Mail Armor set.
- Desolate Scale Armguards - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Desolate Scale Treads - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Desolate Scale Waistguard - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Desolate Scale Greaves - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Desolate Scale Gauntlets - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Desolate Scale Helm - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Desolate Scale Vest - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
- Desolate Scale Pauldrons - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
The Shadowscale Mail Armor set pieces are ilvl 151, and they all require level 60 to equip.
- Shadowscale Armguards
- Shadowscale Treads
- Shadowscale Waistguard
- Shadowscale Gauntlets
- Shadowscale Vest
- Shadowscale Helm
- Shadowscale Leggings
- Shadowscale Pauldrons
All of these are ilvl 100 and require level 50 to equip.
- Desolate Leather Cestus - Fist Weapon
- Bone Bound Knuckles - Fist Weapon
- Composite Bow - Bow
- Composite Crossbow - Crossbow