If you also want to level Fishing but haven't leveled it yet, you should use my Fishing and Cooking leveling guide instead:
Table of contents:
- Cooking Trainers
- 1-65 #Apprentice
- 65-130 #Journeyman
- 130-225 #Expert
- 225-300 #Artisan
- 300-350 #Master
- 350-450 #Grand Master
You no longer need to learn Cooking from books, and you don't have to complete the Artisan cooking quest. The trainers have finally done their reading and can teach you the same thing.
1 - 40
Cooking Supply vendors near your trainer sell these:
Don't buy them from the Auction House!
The recipe will be green for the last few points, so you might have to make more.
40 - 65
Make around 25-35 from any recipes in the table below. You don't have to make the same recipe. You can make a few from each.
|35x Roasted Boar Meat||35x Chunk of Boar Meat||Trainer|
|25x Smoked Bear Meat||25x Bear Meat|
|30x Spiced Wolf Meat||30x Stringy Wolf Meat||Trainer|
|35x Brilliant Smallfish||35x Raw Brilliant Smallfish||Vendors|
|35x Slitherskin Mackerel||35x Raw Slitherskin Mackerel||Vendors|
Learn Journeyman Cooking from your trainer. (Requires level 10 and Cooking 50)
65 - 110
Make around 65 from any of the recipes in the table below.
|65x Boiled Clams||65x Clam Meat
65x Refreshing Spring Water (Vendor)
|65x Coyote Steak||65x Coyote Meat||Trainer|
|65x Longjaw Mud Snapper||65x Raw Longjaw Mud Snapper||Vendors|
|65x Bat Bites||65x Bat Flesh||Master Chef Mouldier (Horde only)|
|65x Strider Stew||65x Strider Meat||Tari'qa (Horde only)
Reward from Easy Strider Living (Alliance Only)
110 - 130
Make around 20-30 from any recipes in the table below.
|30x Crab Cake||30x Crawler Meat||Trainer|
|25x Dry Pork Ribs||25x Boar Ribs||Trainer|
|20x Bristle Whisker Catfish||20x Raw Bristle Whisker Catfish||Vendors|
|23x Cooked Crab Claw||23x Crawler Claw||Kendor Kabonka (Alliance only)|
Learn Expert Cooking from your trainer.
130 - 175
175 - 225
Make Soothing Turtle Bisque if you can get some Turtle Meat. The recipe is a reward for completing the "Soothing Turtle Bisque" quest. You can pick up this quest from Chef Jessen and Christoph Jeffcoat in Hillsbrad Foothills.
Learn Artisan Cooking from your trainer.
225 - 250
Make 25 from one of the recipes below.
- 25x Undermine Clam Chowder - 50 Zesty Clam Meat
- 25x Spotted Yellowtail - 25 Raw Spotted Yellowtail
- 25x Monster Omelet - 25 Giant Egg
- 25x Tender Wolf Steak - 25 Tender Wolf Meat
- 25x Filet of Redgill - 25 Raw Redgill
Recipe: Undermine Clam Chowder is sold by Jabbey in Tanaris. (If you are in Tanaris, you should also visit Gikkix and buy every recipe from him.) It's a limited supply recipe, so if someone bought it before you, you have to wait for it to respawn. I'm not sure about the exact respawn timer. (or buy it from the Auction House)
Recipe: Filet of Redgill is sold by Kelsey Yance at Booty Bay. (He is in the large building at the end of the ship dock in Booty Bay. Enter the building and make an immediate left.)
250 - 285
The drop rate of Bear Flank is around 50%, Wowhead shows a lot lower drop rate.
Both recipes below are sold by Gikkix in Tanaris.
285 - 300
15x Smoked Desert Dumplings - 15 Sandworm Meat
You have to complete two quests in Silithus to get this cooking recipe.
Master Cooking (300-350)
Learn Master Cooking from one of these NPCs below.
- Horde: Baxter in Hellfire Peninsula at Thrallmar. He's in the inn standing behind the innkeeper.
- Alliance: Gaston in Hellfire Peninsula at Honor Hold. He is located in the backroom of the Inn. /way 54.0 63.6
300 - 325
Make one of these:
325 - 350
You have 3 choices now.
- Recipe: Talbuk Steak and Recipe: Roasted Clefthoof is sold by Nula the Butcher (Horde) and by Uriku (Alliance) in Nagrand. (read the Kurenai part below if you can't talk to Uriku)
- Recipe: Warp Burger is sold by Innkeeper Grilka (Horde) and by Supply Officer Mills in Terrokar Forest.
Alliance characters start as 'Unfriendly' with the Kurenai, so you can't buy recipes from Uriku if you haven't completed any Kurenai quests.
- Talk to Ikuti at the Orebor Harborage. Pick up Ango'rosh Encroachment and Daggerfen Deviance from him.
- Interact with the Wanted Poster near Ikuti and pick up the Wanted: Chieftain Mummaki quest. (if you face him, the poster is to your left)
- Completing these 3 quests will give you enough reputation to reach Neutral with the Kurenai faction then Uriku will sell you her cooking recipes.
There are other ways to reach neutral. This is just how I did it with my characters.
WotLK Classic Cooking (350-450)
You can learn the new WotLK Classic Cooking skill from these NPCs:
350 - 365
23x Northern Stew - 23 Chilled Meat
You can get the recipe from the Northern Cooking quest. You can pick up the quest from the Cooking trainers in Howling Fjord and Borean Tundra. (links above). You will need 4x Chilled Meat to complete the quest.
365 - 400
Make around 70 from any of these recipes below.
Rhino Meat, Worm Meat, Shoveltusk Flank, or Fangtooth Herring will probably be the cheapest.
400 - 450
- Only 1 quest can be completed each day.
- Only 1 out of the 5 possible quests will be offered each day. This is random.
- Requires Cooking 350.
- Requires level 65.
Every recipe from this point will require at least 1x Northern Spices.
I will list a bunch of recipes below and the required meat/fish to make them. Check the Auction House which meat/fish is the cheapest and buy that recipe.
Make around 60 from any of these recipes below.
Congratulations on reaching 450! Please send feedback about the guide if you think there are parts I could improve, or you found typos, errors, wrong material numbers!