Often the materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Cooking.
Classic Cooking Trainer Location
To become an Apprentice Cook you need to reach level 5 and find a Cooking trainer.
Just click on any of these links below to see the trainer's exact location.
If you are having trouble finding the trainers, you can walk up to a guard in any of the major cities and ask where the Cooking trainer is located. After you ask the guard, the trainer will be marked with a red mark on your map.
- Zamja in Orgrimmar.
- Eunice Burch in Undercity.
- Aska Mistrunner in Thunder Bluff.
- Duhng in The Barrens
- Mudduk in Stranglethorn Vale
- Pyall Silentstride in Mulgore.
- Stephen Ryback in Stormwind City.
- Daryl Riknussun in Ironforge.
- Alegorn in Darnassus.
- Gremlock Pilsnor in Dun Morogh.
- Tomas in Elwyn Forest.
- Zarrin in Teldrassil
Classic Cooking Leveling (1 - 50)
1 - 50
Make around 55 from one of the recipes below.
- Make Crispy Bat Wing if you got some Meaty Bat Wing. Recipe: Crispy Bat Wing is sold by Abigail Shiel in Tirisfal Glades. (Horde only)
- Make Scorpid Surprise if you got some Scorpid Stinger. Recipe: Scorpid Surprise is sold by Grimtak in Durotar. (Horde only)
- Make Kaldorei Spider Kabob if you got some Small Spider Leg. Recipe: Kaldorei Spider Kabob is a reward from Recipe of the Kaldorei. You can get the quest from Zarrin in Teldrassil. (Alliance only)
Journeyman Cooking (50 - 130)
Visit your Trainer again and learn Journeyman Cooking. (Requires level 10 and Cooking 50)
50 - 80
80 - 130
You can also go to Ashenvale and head to the Zoram Strand (where the sea is at north-west) and kill all kinds of sea creatures there.
Cook around 30 Boiled Clams first because the recipe turns green at 110 and then make Crab Cake up to 130.
Alliance players should also buy Recipe: Cooked Crab Claw from Kendor Kabonka in Stormwind because some of the sea creatures will drop Crawler Claw. While you are there, don't forget to also buy Recipe: Curiously Tasty Omelet.
Expert Cooking (130 - 225)
To learn Expert Cooking you need to reach level 20 and level up Cooking to 125, then buy the book Expert Cookbook from Wulan (Horde) in Desolace at Shadowprey Village or from Shandrina (Alliance) in Ashenvale.
130 - 175
175 - 225
You can also make Soothing Turtle Bisque if you can get some Turtle Meat. The recipe is a reward from the "Soothing Turtle Bisque" quest. You can pick up this quest from Chef Jessen and from Christoph Jeffcoat in Hillsbrad Foothills.
Artisan Cooking (225 - 300)
Artisan Cooking is a reward from Clamlette Surprise. The quest can be obtained at level 35+ with 225 Cooking skill.
You will need these to complete the quest:
Don't go to Gadgetzan before you get the quest items!
225 - 275
Make around 65 from one of the recipes below.
275 - 300
- 15 x Smoked Desert Dumplings - 15 Sandworm Meat
You have to complete two quests in Silithus to get this cooking recipe.
I hope you liked this Classic WoW Cooking leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 300!