Since First Aid does not take up one of the two profession slots, every player can get it without penalty. It's recommended to all classes as a way of reducing downtime between battles, by quickly restoring health after combat. It is highly recommended for melee classes without healing abilities.
Approximate Cloths Required:
Classic First Aid Trainer Locations
- Dannelor at the Craftsmen's Terrace in Darnassus.
- Nissa Firestone near the Great Forge in Ironforge.
- Michelle Belle at Goldshire in Elwynn Forest.
- Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen at Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Byancie at Dolanaar in Teldrassil.
- Fremal Doohickey at Menethil Harbor in Wetlands.
- Thamner Pol Kharanos in Dun Morogh.
- Arnok at the Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar.
- Pand Stonebinder at the Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff.
- Mary Edras at the Rogues' Quarter in Undercity.
- Doctor Gregory Victor at Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands.
- Nurse Neela at Brill in Tirisfal Glades.
- Rawrk at Razor Hill in Durotar.
- Vira Younghoof at Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore.
Classic First Aid Leveling
- 1 - 40
50 x Linen Bandage - 50 Linen cloth
- 40 - 80
60 x Heavy Linen Bandage - 120 Linen Cloth
You'll have to visit your trainer again at 75 (or 50) to be able to continue skilling up to 150.
- 80 -115
60 x Wool Bandage - 60 Wool Cloth
- 115 - 150
60 x Heavy Wool Bandage - 120 Wool Cloth
- 150 - 180
Learn the Silk Bandage recipe from your trainer before you leave!
Go and find Deneb Walker (Alliance) in Arathi Highlands or Balai Lok'Wein (Horde) in Dustwallow Marsh and buy the following three books: Expert First Aid - Under Wraps, Manual: Heavy Silk Bandage and Manual: Mageweave Bandage. If you are low level then you might just want to buy the book at the Auction House instead of wasting lots of time running to the vendor.
Right-click on the Expert First Aid - Under Wraps in your bag, then you can continue making Silk Bandages. (you have to go back and visit your first aid trainer if you didn't learn the Silk Bandage recipe)
50 x Silk Bandage - 50 Silk Cloth
- 180 - 210
Use the book Manual: Heavy Silk Bandage to learn how to make Heavy Silk Bandage.
50 x Heavy Silk Bandage - 100 Silk Cloth
- 210 - 225
Use the book Manual: Mageweave Bandage to learn how to make Mageweave Bandage.
30 x Mageweave Bandage - 30 Mageweave Cloth
Triage Quest for Artisan First Aid
Upon reaching a First Aid skill of 225 and level 35, you can start the Alliance Trauma / Horde Trauma quest (optional). These quests will lead you to Triage / Triage in Arathi Highlands or Dustwallow Marsh. The reward for completing the Triage quest is Artisan First Aid.
You can find Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen in Dustwallow Marsh at Theramore Isle. He is inside the main keep outside of which all the guards are practicing, NOT the giant tower. Go inside and hook a right, then a left and he's in that corner room. Doctor Gregory Victor is in Arathi Highlands at Hammerfall, walk in and turn left. He's inside the building to the left just past the entrance.
It is a good idea to bring everything you need in order to skill up to 290, as you will need to learn several recipes later from the quest giver NPCs Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor, so bring around 100 Mageweave Cloth and 70 Runecloth with you.
Some tips to make the quest easier
- Press CTRL + V to activate the health bar over the heads of the patients for easy health monitoring or tick "Show NPC names" in Interface Options.
- Pull your camera out to third person so you can see as much of the room as possible.
- Put the triage bandages the doctor gave you in your action bar. Do not use your own. You can also bind it to any key.
- Position yourself in the middle of the room.
- When you see another patient, left-click on them to pre-select them and as soon as your current heal has finished click the bandages in your action bar and the pre-selected one will begin to heal. Saves valuable seconds this way.
- Make sure you have about 10 minutes of spare time to do this with no interruptions.
- Once you saved 15, turn in the quest immediately. I failed it on my druid because I waited, and 6 patients died while I waited which turned 'completed' to 'failed'.
- You may fail a few times, but don't give up! You'll get it down.
- If you still can't finish this, team up with someone else who needs the quest and do it at the same time. A two-person team still only has to save 15 patients in total, which is much easier. :)
Undead patient --> Critically Injured - Critically injured patients will die after you heal 2 other patients.
Troll patient --> Badly Injured - Badly injured patients will die after you heal 4 other patients.
Orc patient --> Injured - Injured patients have a long time before they die.
Just using that basic knowledge you can prioritize which ones to heal first and next, however just start from the left, and then continue doing them all, they usually won't die before you have finished your round. I did it this way and completed it the first time around.
- 225 - 240
30 x Mageweave Bandage - 30 Mageweave Cloth
- 240 - 260
Talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Heavy Mageweave Bandages.
30 x Heavy Mageweave Bandage - 60 Mageweave Cloth
- 260 - 290
Talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Runecloth Bandages.
50 x Runecloth Bandage - 50 Runecloth
- 290 - 300
Finally, at level 290 First Aid you can talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Heavy Runecloth Bandages.
15 x Heavy Runecloth Bandage - 30 Runecloth
I hope you liked this First Aid leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 300!