Often the materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Cataclysm Engineering.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 120 in 8 days with this guide.
Approximate Materials Required
Cataclysm Engineering Trainers
You can learn Cataclysm Engineering from one of the trainers in the main cities of old Azeroth. If you are having trouble finding the trainer just walk up to a guard in any major city and ask where the Engineering trainer is. Asking the guard will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
- Roxxik in Orgrimmar.
- Engineer Palehoof in Thunder Bluff.
- Danwe in Silvermoon City.
- Franklin Lloyd in Undercity.
- Lilliam Sparkspindle in Stormwind City
- Springspindle Fizzlegear in Ironforge.
- Tana Lentner in Darnassus.
You will need some kind of tool to craft most engineering items. These tools are:
- Blacksmith Hammer - Sold by Engineering or Blacksmith supply vendor.
- Arclight Spanner - Requires 50 skill in Vanilla Engineering to craft.
- Gyromatic Micro-Adjustor - Requires 175 skill in Vanilla Engineering to craft.
- High-Powered Bolt Gun - Requires 15 skill points in Catacylsm Engineering to craft.
To save some bag space, I highly recommend getting a Gnomish Army Knife. It replaces all of these tools, so you only have to carry one item with you.
Where to get The Gnomish Army
You can buy the Ultimate Gnomish Army Knife from the Auction House.
If you already learned Draenor engineering, you can craft one Ultimate Gnomish Army Knife for 5 Gearspring Parts. (Craft one Gearspring Parts for 15 x True Iron Ore, 15 x Blackrock Ore. It will actually create 8 Gearspring Parts).
You can also craft Gnomish Army Knife if you have Northrend Engineering, but it's usually more expensive to make or buy.
Gnome characters have +15 Engineering skill because of their passive Engineering Specialization. An extra 15 Engineering skill means recipes stay orange 15 points longer, so you can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 15 more points.
1 - 45
Make the recipes in this exact order below:
Making these 3 recipes should get you to 45, but you can make a few Safety Catch Removal Kit if you did not reach 45.
- 30 x Handful of Obsidium Bolts - 60 Obsidium Bar
You will use these in every recipe, so keep these for later.
- 15 x Electrified Ether - 30 Volatile Air
- Make as many Volatile Seaforium Blastpack as you can using all the Electrified Ether you got.
45 - 60
15 x Lure Master Tackle Box - 300 Elementium Bar, 60 Handful of Obsidium Bolts
You can also make Elementium Toolbox if you have a lot of Volatile Earth
Make Big Daddy between 50-60 or even up to 75 if you have Goblin Engineering.
60 - 75
15 x Heat-Treated Spinning Lure - 60 Elementium Bar, 15 Volatile Fire, 15 Handful of Obsidium Bolts,
I hope you liked this Cataclysm Engineering leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 75!