Learning Draenor Blacksmithing
You have to get a [Draenor Blacksmithing] to learn Draenor Blacksmithing. This scroll will also teach you a few basic Blacksmithing recipes.
There are three ways to obtain this scroll:
- You can buy it from Blacksmithing vendors in Ashran. Alliance players can find Royce Bigbeard at Stormshield, and Horde players can find Nonn Threeratchet at Warspear. (Learn Blacksmithing first from the trainer near the NPC)
- If you build The Forge at your garrion, you can buy the scroll from one of the NPC at the building. Complete the "Your First Blacksmithing Work Order" quest first, or the NPC won't sell you anything. (You also must learn Blacksmithing first from any Blacksmithing trainer)
- If you are still leveling your character (90-92), you have to loot a quest item to start a quest chain.
Leveling 1 - 100
Make one [Secrets of Draenor Blacksmithing] and buy [Recipe: Truesteel Reshaper] or [Recipe: Truesteel Grinder] from Royce Bigbeard (Alliance) at Stormshield, or from Nonn Threeratchet (Horde) at Warspear. (you can also buy it at The Forge in your garrison)
Make one of the following:
- 98 x [Truesteel Reshaper] - 2940 x True Iron Ore
- 98 x [Truesteel Grinder] - 1960 x Blackrock Ore, 980 x True Iron Ore
Alternative way to level
There is an alternative way to level, which will cost a lot fewer Ores. Around 1545 Ore instead of 2940.
There are several NPCs that can randomly spawn in your garrison each day. They will appear in the entryway of your level 3 town hall, they won't spawn in lower level Town Halls. There is a set rotation of profession traders for each day:
Ore -> Dust -> Fur -> Leather -> Herb
Everyone on your realm will have the same trader if they get the trader, but it's not guaranteed that you get a profession trader in your garrison, even if it's the day it supposed to spawn because other questgiver can also spawn. Basically, one NPC will spawn out of 4 and there is a chance for that NPC to be a profession trader.
You will want to get the Ore traders Alexi Hackercam (Alliance) and Trixxy Volt (Horde), because they sell the [Recipe: Riddle of Truesteel] which you will use to level Blacksmithing. If you click on the NPC links above, it will take you to wowhead.com where you will see a small box on the right with a title "Quick Facts". There you can see two dates, those are the dates when the Ore Trader can spawn in your garrison. (for some reason the dates are currently swapped, so if you play in Europe, use NA dates, if you play from NA, use EU dates)
If the Ore Trader didn't spawn, then you have to wait another 5 days, or you can still try use the trader at someone else's garrison. Ask your friends/guild mates to check which NPC they got. Then have them invite you into a group, and then right-click your own portrait and select "view leader's garrison". This will take you to their garrison and you can use the Ore Trader if they have it there.
- 1 - 100
99 x [Riddle of Truesteel] - 99 x Primal Spirit, 495 x True Iron Ore, 495 x Blackrock Ore
You can buy the [Recipe: Riddle of Truesteel] recipe from the Ore Trader for 60 x True Iron Ore
[Primal Spirit] is also sold by the Ore Trader for 5 x True Iron Ore each, so you will need an extra 495 x True Iron Ore. But, if you played during the Warlords of Draenor expansion, then you probably have hundreds of Primal Spirit in your bank, so you can save even more gold because you don't have to buy any of them.
I hope you liked this Draenor Blacksmithing leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 100!