Often the materials are based on a case that you will gain one skill point each craft. This won't happen, so you will have to buy a few extra materials while you are leveling your Northrend Jewelcrafting.
I recommend using Zygor's 1-60 Leveling Guide if you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt. The guide is in a small window on your main screen in-game. All the detail that you need to complete the quests are included. You’ll never have to switch back to a website, or even the in-game main map to see where you have to go or what’s next. And if you are low on gold, I recommend trying this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make a lot of gold.
Leveling Northrend Jewelcrafting
Go to Northrend and find Timothy Jones at Dalaran (Northrend), then learn Northrend Jewelcrafting. (The same NPC exists in Legion Dalaran but he won't teach you Northrend recipes)
Draenei characters have +10 Jewelcrafting skill because of their passive [Gemcutting]. An extra 10 Jewelcrafting skill means recipes stay orange for 10 more points, so you can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 10 more points.
1 - 20
Buy around 35 from the following gems, but you don't have to buy from one color:
There are like 50 new gem recipes you can learn from your trainer, I won't list all of them. Go to your trainer, learn one from each, or just one if you have a lot of gems from one color.
20 - 25
Make 5 from any of the following:
- 5 x [Bloodstone Band] - 5 Bloodstone, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Crystal Chalcedony Amulet] - 5 Chalcedony, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Crystal Citrine Necklace] - 5 Huge Citrine, 10 Crystallized Earth
- 5 x [Sun Rock Ring] - 5 Sun Crystal, 10 Crystallized Earth
You might have to make more than 5.
25 - 45
Make 23 from one of the following:
- 23 x [Stoneguard Band] - 46 Eternal Earth
- 23 x [Shadowmight Ring] - 23 Eternal Earth, 23 Eternal Shadow
You might have to make more than 23.
If you have some [Monarch Topaz], [Twilight Opal], [Autumn's Glow], [Forest Emerald], [Sky Sapphire] or you can buy these for cheaper than the Eternals, then go to Wintergrasp and buy some the Jewelcrafting recipes sold by Stone Guard Mukar (Horde) and Knight Dameron (Alliance). You can only buy these recipes if your faction controls Wintergrasp. One recipe costs 1 [Mark of Honor]. (You can get Mark of Honor from battleground wins)
You can make these gems up to 50.
45 - 70
You can also try to buy [Earthsiege Diamond] and [Skyflare Diamond] from the Auction House, but they are usually a lot more expensive there. So it's just easier to gather the materials and find an Alchemist.
You will need around 30 Meta gems in total, but it doesn't have to be from the same meta gem, it can be a mix of both.
This is just an example, you can make 30 from one gem if it's cheaper.
Transmute these with an Alchemist:
- 15 x [Transmute: Earthsiege Diamond] - 15 x Dark Jade, 15 x Huge Citrine, 15 x Eternal Fire
- 15 x [Transmute: Skyflare Diamond] - 15 x Bloodstone, 15 x Chalcedony, 15 x Eternal Air
Make these yourself:
- 15 x [Powerful Earthsiege Diamond] - 15 x Earthsiege Diamond
- 15 x [Swift Skyflare Diamond] - 15 x Skyflare Diamond
You can also make any of these if you have some rare raw gems left and you can get cheap Titanium Bar:
- [Dream Signet] - 1 Titanium Bar, 1 Dream Shard, 1 Forest Emerald
- [Runed Mana Band] - 2 Titanium Bar, 2 Twilight Opal
- [Scarlet Signet] - 2 Titanium Bar, 1 Scarlet Ruby
- [Sky Sapphire Amulet] - 2 Titanium Bar, 2 Sky Sapphire
70 - 75
15 x [Icy Prism] - 15 x Frozen Orb, 15 x Chalcedony, 15 x Shadow Crystal, 15 x Dark Jade
This recipe will be green for the last few points, so you might have to make more or fewer. (Icy Prism has a higher chance to give skill points than the meta gems at this point).
I hope you liked this Northrend Jewelcrafting leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 75!