The guide's primary focus is to show you how to level this profession, so if you are looking for more detailed information about Shadowlands Jewelcrafting, check out my Shadowlands Jewelcrafting guide
Jewelcrafting is the best combined with Mining because you can save a lot of gold if you gather the materials instead of buying them, so check out the Mining leveling guide if you want to level Mining. If you don't have mining, power leveling your Jewelcrafting will be expensive.
Shadowlands Jewelcrafting Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Jewelcrafting from Appraiser Au'vesk in Oribos in the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 35.2, 41.8)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
Approximate Materials Required
This is the list of approximate materials required to reach 100. Don't prospect all of your ores yet, read the rest of the leveling guide!
- 400x Laestrite Ore
- 100x from one of these: Solenium Ore, Oxxein Ore, Phaedrum Ore, Sinvyr Ore
- Another 10-20 from each of these ores: Solenium Ore, Oxxein Ore, Phaedrum Ore, Sinvyr Ore. It's hard to tell which ones you will need and how many since it will depend on what ores you get from prospecting. You can buy these later, or just get 20 from each, then sell the ones you don't need at the end.
Check out my farming guides if you want to farm any of these ores:
- Laestrite Ore farming
- Solenium Ore farming
- Oxxein Ore farming
- Phaedrum Ore farming
- Sinvyr Ore farming
- Elethium Ore farming
Leveling Shadowlands Jewelcrafting
Draenei characters have +10 Jewelcrafting skill because of their passive Gemcutting, and Kul Tiran characters have +5 from the trait Jack of All Trades. Any extra Jewelcrafting skill means recipes stay orange for more points. You can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for more points.
1 - 20
Prospect ores until you reach 20. (around 150-200 ores) Don't prospect all of your ores yet!
You can prospect any ore, but you should save at least 200 Laestrite Ore for the next part.
20 - 30
10 x Mass Prospect Laestrite - 200 Laestrite Ore.
30 - 35
Mass prospect 100 from these 4 ores:
You prospected enough ores that you should have enough gems to reach 100. But, if you want to sell gems/necks/rings at the Auction House, you should use the mass prospect until 50. It's just simply better to prospect the ores now while they give skill points if you are going to make a lot of these anyway.
Make sure to keep around 20 from each of these ores because you will still need them at the last step in the guide. It's hard to tell which ones you will need and how many since it will depend on what ores you get from prospecting. Just try to keep around 10-20 from each.
35 - 40
You will use both of these in the next recipes, so keep them. These gem recipes will be yellow for the last few points, but you will probably get around 7-8 skill points for making 10 gems.
40 - 50
- 2 x Quick Laestrite Choker - 4 Quick Jewel Doublet, 4 Laestrite Ore
- 3 x Versatile Laestrite Choker - 6 Versatile Jewel Doublet, 6 Laestrite Ore
50 - 74
Turn all your uncommon gems into rare gems in this order:
- 6 x Deadly Jewel Cluster - 12 x Angerseye, 12 x Oriblase
- 4 x Quick Jewel Cluster - 16 x Oriblase (or 4 more Deadly Jewel Cluster)
- 6 x Masterful Jewel Cluster - 12 x Angerseye, 12 x Umbryl (or 6 more Deadly Jewel Cluster, Quick Jewel Cluster )
- Make around 10 Deadly Jewel Cluster, Versatile Jewel Cluster, Quick Jewel Cluster, or Masterful Jewel Cluster. Make them in pairs because you will use these in the neck/ring recipes next and you will need 2 from 1 color to make a neck/ring.
74 - 100
Make 13 necks/rings using the rare gems you made before. You might have to make a few more if you were unlucky with the skill gains while making the rare gems.
|Deadly Sinvyr Ring||2 x Deadly Jewel Cluster, 2 x Sinvyr Ore||70|
|Deadly Sinvyr Necklace||2 x Deadly Jewel Cluster, 2 x Sinvyr Ore||70|
|Quick Oxxein Ring||2 x Quick Jewel Cluster, 2 x Oxxein Ore||75|
|Quick Oxxein Necklace||2 x Quick Jewel Cluster, 2 x Oxxein Ore||75|
|Masterful Phaedrum Necklace||2 x Masterful Jewel Cluster, 2 x Phaedrum Ore||80|
|Masterful Phaedrum Ring||2 x Masterful Jewel Cluster, 2 x Phaedrum Ore||80|
|Versatile Solenium Necklace||2 x Versatile Jewel Cluster, 2 x Solenium Ore||85|
|Versatile Solenium Ring||2 x Versatile Jewel Cluster, 2 x Solenium Ore||85|
I hope you liked this Shadowlands Jewelcrafting leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 100! Please send feedback about the guide if you think there are parts I could improve, or if you found typos, errors, or wrong material numbers!