This guide provides an overview of the additions and changes to Alchemy in World of Warcraft Shadowlands.
Table of Contents
- General Changes
- Shadowlands Alchemy Trainer Location
- Acquiring recipes
- Optional Reagents
- Utility potions
- Combat Potions and Oils
- Alchemy Trinket
All potions now have a 5-minute cooldown and they are no longer limited to one use per encounter. Combat potions, such as primary stat potions and mana potions are still on a separate cooldown from health potions.
There are no Rank 2 and Rank 3 Alchemy recipes in Shadowlands, each recipe only has one rank.
Speed, stealth, and invisibility potions from old expansions no longer work above level 50, you will have to use the new Shadowlands potions.
Shadowlands Alchemy Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Alchemy from Elixirist Au'pyr in Oribos at the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 39.6, 40.2)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
In Shadowlands, every recipe only has one rank, and you can learn most of them from your trainer. This makes leveling professions much easier since you don't have to grind reputations to get higher rank recipes.
These 3 recipes below are the only ones that you can't learn from your trainer:
- Recipe: Shadestone - Requires Honored reputation with The Avowed faction.
- Recipe: Crafter's Mark II - Requires Cordial "reputation" with Ve'nari.
- Recipe: Eternal Cauldron - Requires Revered reputation with The Wild Hunt faction.
These reagents change the item level of a crafted armor or weapon. (You can actually downgrade an item's item level and its level requirement if you use a lower level optional reagent)
These 3 optional reagents below can only be used to craft items from Shadowlands. All 8 manufacturing professions can craft these, so they are not exclusive to Alchemy.
Shadowghast Ingot is mainly used for crafting Jewelcrafting and Blacksmithing legendary items, and also used for some of the higher level rare Blacksmithing armors. But, Blacksmiths can make the same item without the 1 day cooldown, so this transmute seems pretty useless right now.
- Spiritual Mana Potion - Mana Potion
- Spiritual Healing Potion - Health Potion
- Spiritual Rejuvenation Potion - Restores Health and Mana
- Potion of the Hidden Spirit - Invisibility
- Potion of Shaded Sight - Stealth detection
- Potion of Unhindered Passing - Makes you immune to stun and movement impairing effects
- Potion of Soul Purity - Removes one curse, one disease, and one poison
- Potion of Specter Swiftness - Increases your movement speed while dead by 100%
- Potion of the Psychopomp's Speed - Increases movement speed by 70% for 8 sec
These are used in Alchemy transmutes.
- Ground Widowbloom
- Ground Vigil's Torch
- Ground Nightshade
- Ground Marrowroot
- Ground Rising Glory
- Ground Death Blossom
Combat Potions and Oils
- Embalmer's Oil - Apply to a weapon for 1 hour, giving you a high chance to heal yourself for 330 when you deal damage or healing. If already at full health, instead grants an absorb shield for 330.
- Shadowcore Oil - Apply to a weapon for 60 min, giving you a high chance to deal an additional 220 Shadow damage when you damage an enemy. (5 Sec Cooldown)
While your weapon is augmented with these Oils, consuming some of these potions below will have an increased effect.
- Potion of Spectral Strength - Strength DPS potion
- Potion of Spectral Stamina - Stamina potion
- Potion of Spectral Agility - Agility DPS potion
- Potion of Spectral Intellect - Intellect DPS potion
- Potion of Deathly Fixation - Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to apply Deathly Fixation to your target, dealing 43 Shadow damage over 8 sec and stacking up to 5 times. Upon reaching 5 stacks, Deathly Fixation explodes, dealing 985 Shadow damage to the target.
- Potion of Empowered Exorcisms - Your damaging spells and abilities have a chance to erupt your target's anima, dealing up to 934 Shadow damage to all enemies within 10 yards of the target.
- Potion of Divine Awakening - Your healing spells are increased by up to 2937, based on the target's missing health.
- Potion of Phantom Fire - Your attacks and spells have a chance to send out a fiery projection at your target dealing 3130 Shadowflame damage.
- Potion of Sacrificial Anima - Your next 4 mana consuming spells or abilities will consume 7% of your health instead of using mana.
- Potion of Hardened Shadows - Increase your Armor by 275 for 25 sec
Instead of 3 different flasks for each primary stat, the new flask Spectral Flask of Power gives the primary stat (agility/intellect/strength) that your spec uses. There is also a new stamina flask Spectral Flask of Stamina that is much cheaper to make than the primary stat flask.
The new Alchemy Trinket is the Spiritual Alchemy Stone. There is nothing new or fancy about this trinket, it works just like every other alchemy trinket. You get +40% mana and health from potions, and it can be used for transmutations in place of a Philosopher's Stone.