Since First Aid does not take up one of the two profession slots, every player can get it without penalty. It's recommended to all classes to reduce downtime between battles by quickly restoring health after combat. It is highly recommended for melee classes without healing abilities.
I recommend trying Zygor's 1-70 Leveling Guide if you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt. The guide will help you to reach level 70 a lot faster.
Approximate Cloths Required:
First Aid Trainers
- Dannelor at the Craftsmen's Terrace in Darnassus.
- Nissa Firestone near the Great Forge in Ironforge.
- Michelle Belle at Goldshire in Elwynn Forest.
- Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen at Theramore in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Byancie at Dolanaar in Teldrassil.
- Fremal Doohickey at Menethil Harbor in Wetlands.
- Thamner Pol Kharanos in Dun Morogh.
- Nus in The Exodar.
- Arnok at the Valley of Spirits in Orgrimmar.
- Pand Stonebinder at the Spirit Rise in Thunder Bluff.
- Mary Edras at the Rogues' Quarter in Undercity.
- Doctor Gregory Victor at Hammerfall in Arathi Highlands.
- Nurse Neela at Brill in Tirisfal Glades.
- Rawrk at Razor Hill in Durotar.
- Vira Younghoof at Bloodhoof Village in Mulgore.
- Alestus in Silvermoon City.
First Aid Leveling
1 - 75
- 1 - 40
50 x Linen Bandage - 50 Linen cloth
- 40 - 75
45 x Heavy Linen Bandage - 90 Linen Cloth
Journeyman First Aid
Visit your trainer and learn Journeyman First Aid.
75 - 150
- 75 - 80
15 x Heavy Linen Bandage - 30 Linen Cloth
- 80 -115
60 x Wool Bandage - 60 Wool Cloth
- 115 - 150
60 x Heavy Wool Bandage - 120 Wool Cloth
Training First Aid above 150
Learn the Silk Bandage recipe from your trainer before you leave!
You can train First Aid past 150 with the Expert First Aid - Under Wraps book.
The book is sold by Deneb Walker (Alliance) in Arathi Highlands, and Balai Lok'Wein (Horde) in Dustwallow Marsh. These vendors also sell the next two bandage recipes, so make sure to buy all three! If you are low level, you can buy the book at the Auction House instead of wasting lots of time running to the vendor. (or if you are lazy like me)
Buy the following three books:
Right-click on the Expert First Aid - Under Wraps in your bag, then you can continue making Silk Bandages. (you have to go back and visit your first aid trainer if you didn't learn the Silk Bandage recipe)
150 - 225
- 150 - 180
50 x Silk Bandage - 50 Silk Cloth
- 180 - 210
Use the book Manual: Heavy Silk Bandage to learn how to make Heavy Silk Bandage.
50 x Heavy Silk Bandage - 100 Silk Cloth
- 210 - 225
Use the book Manual: Mageweave Bandage to learn how to make Mageweave Bandage.
30 x Mageweave Bandage - 30 Mageweave Cloth
Training First Aid above 225
You can train First Aid above 225 and learn Artisan First Aid by completing the Triage quests.
Upon reaching a First Aid skill of 225 and level 35, you can start the Alliance Trauma / Horde Trauma quest (optional). These quests will lead you to Triage / Triage in Dustwallow Marsh or Arathi Highlands.
Bring everything you need to skill up to 290, as you will need to learn several recipes later from the quest giver NPCs Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor, so bring around 100 x Mageweave Cloth and 70 x Runecloth with you.
You can find Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen in Dustwallow Marsh at Theramore Isle. He is inside the main keep where all the guards are practicing outside, NOT the giant tower. Go inside and hook a right, then a left, and he's in that corner room. Doctor Gregory Victor is in Arathi Highlands at Hammerfall, walk inside the village, and turn left. He's inside the building to the left, just past the entrance.
How to complete the Triage Quest
A few tips for you to make the quest easier:
Undead patient --> Critically Injured - Critically injured patients will die after you heal 2 other patients.
Troll patient --> Badly Injured - Badly injured patients will die after you heal 4 other patients.
Orc patient --> Injured - Injured patients have a long time before they die.
Using that basic knowledge, you can prioritize which ones to heal first and next. However, if you start from the left and then continue doing them all, they usually won't die before you have finished your round. I did it this way and completed it the first time around.
- Press CTRL + V to activate the health bar over the patients' heads for easy health monitoring or tick "Show NPC names" in Interface Options.
- Pull your camera out to third person so you can see as much of the room as possible.
- Put the triage bandages the doctor gave you in your action bar. Do not use your own. You can also bind it to any key.
- Position yourself in the middle of the room.
- When you see another patient, left-click on them to pre-select them, and as soon as your current heal has finished, click the bandages in your action bar, and the pre-selected one will begin to heal. Saves valuable seconds this way.
- Once you saved 15, turn in the quest immediately. I failed it on my druid because I waited, and 6 patients died while I waited, which turned 'completed' to 'failed'.
225 - 300
- 225 - 240
30 x Mageweave Bandage - 30 Mageweave Cloth
- 240 - 260
Talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Heavy Mageweave Bandages.
30 x Heavy Mageweave Bandage - 60 Mageweave Cloth
- 260 - 290
Talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Runecloth Bandages.
50 x Runecloth Bandage - 50 Runecloth
- 290 - 300
Finally, at level 290 First Aid, you can talk to Doctor Gustaf VanHowzen / Doctor Gregory Victor again to obtain Heavy Runecloth Bandages.
15 x Heavy Runecloth Bandage - 30 Runecloth
Master First Aid (300-375)
There aren't any First Aid trainers in Classic TBC. To learn the new TBC First Aid skill and train above 300, you have to buy the book Master First Aid - Doctor in the House. It's sold by these two NPCs below.
- Horde: Aresella in Hellfire Peninsula at Falcon Watch. /way #100 26.2 62.0
- Alliance: Burko in Hellfire Peninsula at the Temple of Telhamat. /way #100 22.4 39.2
300 - 375
- 300 - 330
70 x Heavy Runecloth Bandage - 140 Runecloth
- 330 - 360
45 x Netherweave Bandage - 45 Netherweave Cloth
You can learn this from the Manual: Netherweave Bandage. (see above)
- 360 - 375
20 x Heavy Netherweave Bandage - 40 Netherweave Cloth
You can learn this from the Manual: Heavy Netherweave Bandage. (see above)
Congratulations on reaching 375! Please send feedback about the guide if you think there are parts I could improve, or you found typos, errors, wrong material numbers!