Jewelcrafting uses a lot of ores, so I recommend leveling this profession together with Mining.
I recommend trying Zygor's 1-70 Leveling Guide if you are still leveling your character or just starting a new alt. The guide will help you to reach level 70 a lot faster.
- Materials required
- Jewelcrafting trainers
- 1-50 #Apprentice
- 50-125 #Journeyman
- 125-225 #Expert
- 225-300 #Artisan
- 300-375 #Master (TBC Classic)
Approximate materials required
This is the list of the approximate materials required to level Jewelcrafting up to 375.
- 110x Copper Bar
- 15x Tigerseye or 15x Malachite
- 120 Bronze Bar - 60 Copper Bar + 60 Tin Bar if you have Mining.
- 20x Shadowgem
- 40x Shadowgem or 25 Small Lustrous Pearl or 40 Silver Bar. You can get a few from each. You don't have to choose one of them only.
- 80x Heavy Stone
- 30x Moss Agate or 66x Lesser Moonstone (combination of both can work too)
- 142x Mithril Bar
- 90x Solid Stone
- 28x Truesilver Bar
- 35x Aquamarine
- 40x Flask of Mojo
- 56x Thorium Bar
- 10x Star Ruby
- 21x Large Opal
- 20x Azerothian Diamond
- 10x Huge Emerald
- Buy around 40 in total from any of these: Blood Garnet, Shadow Draenite, Golden Draenite, Deep Peridot, Azure Moonstone, Flame Spessarite. You probably shouldn't buy only one type of gem since there are parts where you can use multiple different recipes.
- Buy 15 more Shadow Draenite or Golden Draenite
- 48x Adamantite Powder - You can get 48 Adamantite Powder by prospecting 240 Adamantite Ore.
- 12x Primal Earth
- 12x Adamantite Bar
- The 350-375 part is not included here because there are too many alternatives. The materials needed will depend on which recipes you can get.
If you have Mining and want to farm the ores for prospecting, please see my farming guides:
TBC Jewelcrafting trainers
You can learn Jewelcrafting from any of these NPCs below. Just click on any of these links below to see the trainer's exact location. You can also walk up to a guard in any city and ask where the Jewelcrafting trainer is, then the trainer will be marked with a red flag on your map.
You can learn the new TBC Jewelcrafting skill from the Master Jewelcrafting trainers in Hellfire Peninsula. Horde players can learn it from Kalaen at Thrallmar, and Alliance players can learn it from Tatiana at Honor Hold.
Leveling TBC Jewelcrafting
Draenei characters have +5 Jewelcrafting skills because of their passive Gemcutting. An extra 5 Jewelcrafting skill means recipes stay orange for 5 more points, so you can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 5 more points.
1 - 35
Buy a Jeweler's Kit from the Jewelcrafting Supplies vendor near your trainer or General/Trade Goods vendors.
55x Delicate Copper Wire - 110 Copper Bar
Keep these because you will need them later. But you can stop making them when you reach 35 and only make more if you need it.
Once you reach Jewelcrafting 20, you can learn the Prospecting ability from your trainer. This will allow you to convert 5 raw ores into gems. For information on prospecting yield from each ore, please see my separate guide:
35 - 50
15x Tigerseye Band - 15 Tigerseye, 15 Delicate Copper Wire
You can also make 15x Malachite Pendant.
Visit your trainer and learn Journeyman Jewelcrafting. (Requires level 10)
50 - 80
50x Bronze Setting - 100 Bronze Bar
Save these. You will need some of them later.
80 - 100
20x Gloom Band - 20 Bronze Setting, 40 Shadowgem, 40 Delicate Copper Wire
- 15x Simple Pearl Ring - 25 Small Lustrous Pearl, 25 Bronze Setting, 50 Copper Bar
- 20x Ring of Silver Might - 40 Silver Bar
100 - 110
10x Ring of Twilight Shadows - 20 Shadowgem, 20 Bronze Bar
110 - 120
10x Heavy Stone Statue - 80 Heavy Stone
120 - 150
30x Pendant of the Agate Shield - 30 Moss Agate, 30 Bronze Settings
The recipe is sold by Jandia in Thousand Needles at Freewind Post and by Neal Allen in Wetlands at Menethil Harbor. It's a limited supply recipe, so you have to wait for it to respawn if someone bought it before you. I don't know the exact respawn timer, but it's not that long (5-10 minutes). You can also buy it from the Auction House if you don't want to camp the NPC.
The Design: Amulet of the Moon is sold by these NPCs. This is also a limited supply recipe, so you have to wait for it to respawn if someone bought it before you. I don't know the exact respawn timer, but it's not that long (5-10 minutes)
Alternatives if players camp the vendors:
Many players on high-population realms may camp these patterns at the start of the expansion and try to sell them for a lot of gold. (The re-stock time is only 5-10 minutes as far as I know). You can use these alternative recipes below.
- 120 - 136
16x Heavy Jade Ring - 16 Jade, 16 Bronze Setting, 32 Iron Bar
- 136 - 150
14x Golden Dragon Ring - 14 Jade, 28 Gold Bar, 28 Delicate Copper Wire
Visit your trainer and learn Expert Jewelcrafting. (Requires level 20)
150 - 180
71x Mithril Filigree - 142 Mithril Bar
Keep these. You will need them later. (might not need all of them if you make alternative recipes)
This recipe will be yellow for the last few points, so you probably won't end at exactly 180, but that doesn't really matter. You can still go to the next step after making around 55-60 of these.
180 - 185
9x Solid Stone Statue - 90 Solid Stone
If you can get cheap Solid Stones, then you could make this one up to 190.
The Design: Blazing Citrine Ring is sold by Kireena in Desolace and by Micha Yance in Hillsbrad. It's a limited supply recipe, so you have to wait for it to respawn if someone bought it before you. I don't know the exact respawn timer, but it's not that long (5-10 minutes). But you can also buy it from the Auction House if you don't want to camp the NPC.
185 - 210
28x Engraved Truesilver Ring - 28 Truesilver Bar, 56 Mithril Filigree
This recipe will be yellow for the last few points, so you might have to make a few more.
25x Citrine Ring of Rapid Healing - 25 Citrine, 50 Elemental Water, 50 Mithril Bar
210 - 220
10x Aquamarine Signet - 30 Aquamarine, 40 Flask of Mojo
Flask of Mojo drops from most level 40-47 Trolls. You can farm them inside/outside Zul'Farrak, troll camps in Hinterlands, and the level 39+ troll camp in Stranglethorn Vale.
220 - 225
5x Aquamarine Pendant of the Warrior - 5 Aquamarine, 15 Mithril Filigree
Visit your trainer and learn Artisan Jewelcrafting. (Requires level 35)
225 - 250
56x Thorium Setting - 56 Thorium Bar
Stop making these at 250 and only make more if you need them. (you will need around 56)
250 - 260
10x Ruby Pendant of Fire - 10 Star Ruby, 10 Thorium Setting
260 - 281
21x Simple Opal Ring - 21 Large Opal, 21 Thorium Setting
If you have a lot of Azerothian Diamond left, or if it's cheaper than Large Opal, then you can start crafting Diamond Focus Ring when you reach 265. But make sure to keep at least 20x Azerothian Diamond for the next step.
281 - 295
20x Diamond Focus Ring - 20 Azerothian Diamond, 20 Thorium Setting
295 - 300
5x Emerald Lion Ring - 10 Huge Emerald, 5 Thorium Setting
- 5x Onslaught Ring - 5 Thorium Setting, 5 Powerful Mojo, 5 Essence of Earth
- 5x Sapphire Pendant of Winter Night - 5 Blue Sapphire, 5 Essence of Undeath, 5 Thorium Setting
- 7x Glowing Thorium Band - 14 Azerothian Diamond, 7 Thorium Setting
TBC Jewelcrafting at Outland (300-375)
You can learn the new TBC Jewelcrafting skill from the Master Jewelcrafting trainers in Hellfire Peninsula (requires level 55). Horde players can learn it from Kalaen at Thrallmar, and Alliance players can learn it from Tatiana at Honor Hold.
300 - 320
Make around 30 in total from these gems below:
- Brilliant Golden Draenite - 1x Golden Draenite
- Glowing Shadow Draenite - 1x Shadow Draenite
- Inscribed Flame Spessarite - 1x Flame Spessarite
- Radiant Deep Peridot - 1x Deep Peridot
- Solid Azure Moonstone - 1x Azure Moonstone
- Teardrop Blood Garnet - 1x Blood Garnet
320 - 325
Make around 5-7 from one of these:
- Glinting Flame Spessarite - 1x Flame Spessarite
- Bright Blood Garnet - 1x Blood Garnet
- Jagged Deep Peridot - 1x Deep Peridot
- Sparkling Azure Moonstone - 1x Azure Moonstone
325 - 335
12x Mercurial Adamantite - 48 Adamantite Powder (prospect 240 Adamantite Ore), 12 Primal Earth
You will need a Mercurial Stone tool to craft this recipe. Unfortunately, Jewelcrafters can't craft it, so you have to buy it from the Auction House. Or you can ask an Alchemist to craft it for you. (1x Primal Earth, 1x Primal Life, 1x Primal Mana)
Save the 12x Mercurial Adamantite. You will need them at 340.
You can go to the next part even if you didn't reach 335, but you will have to make a few more gems.
335 - 340
Make 5-10 from any of the following gems.
- Potent Flame Spessarite - 1x Flame Spessarite
- Sovereign Shadow Draenite - 1x Shadow Draenite
- Smooth Golden Draenite - 1x Golden Draenite
340 - 350
12x Heavy Adamantite Ring - 12 Adamantite Bar, 12 Mercurial Adamantite
You can continue to make the gems above if you didn't reach 350, or you can make a few more rings.
350 - 360
15x Purified Shadow Pearl - 15 Shadow Pearl, 15 Purified Draenic Water
You can make these even up to 365 depending on how much Shadow Pearl costs and how many can you get.
Purified Draenic Water is sold by every innkeeper at Outland.
Shadow Pearl comes from opening Jaggal Clams, but the drop rate is very low, I don't think it's worth farming them, so I would recommend switching to the alternative recipes below if you can't buy any.
Alternative Vendor Recipes
Make around 12 from one of these:
These two are the only rare gem designs that you can buy from the vendors. The rest of them are all world drops.
You can buy both recipes at Halaa in the middle of Nagrand. Only the faction controlling Halaa gains access to the NPCs. This means you can't buy these recipes if your faction doesn't control Halaa.
Alternative World Drop Recipes
The rest of the rare gem crafts are all world drops with a very low drop chance, so you can't directly farm these. You have to buy them from the Auction House.
There are like 20-30 World Drops recipes. It's difficult to recommend exactly one recipe because the prices of raw gems/recipes will differ on each realm. You should check the price of the raw gems and the recipe's cost, and then you can decide which one is the cheapest. Living Ruby will probably be the most expensive and Talasite the cheapest.
Every recipe has the raw gem name in it, so every available recipe will pop up if you search for the raw gem names at the Auction House.
Click on the Recipe tab at the Auction House, then type these raw gem names there:
Example: Design: Rigid Star of Elune
360 - 365
Make 5 from one of the Jewelcrafting-only epic gems. These are the most useful items you can make at this level while also the cheapest ones. (you can make them up to even 370)
If you don't have a high enough reputation to buy these, then you can make 7-8 more from the previous recipes.
|Kailee's Rose||+26 Healing and +9 Spell Damage||The Sha'tar - Honored||Sold by Almaador in Shattrath City.|
|Blood of Amber||+12 Spell Critical Rating||The Sha'tar - Revered||Sold by Almaador in Shattrath City.|
|Facet of Eternity||+12 Defense Rating||Keepers of Time - Honored||Sold by Alurmi in Tanaris.|
|Stone of Blades||+12 Critical Strike Rating||Keepers of Time - Revered||Sold by Alurmi in Tanaris.|
|Falling Star||+18 Stamina||Lower City - Revered||Sold by Nakodu in Shattrath City.|
|Crimson Sun||+24 Attack Power||The Consortium - Revered||Sold by Paulsta'ats in Nagrand and
by Karaaz in Nentherstorm.
|Don Julio's Heart||+14 Spell Damage||The Consortium - Revered||Sold by Paulsta'ats in Nagrand
and by Karaaz in Nentherstorm.
365 - 375
- Design: Insightful Earthstorm Diamond is sold by Almaador in Shattrat City. (Friendly with The Sha'tar)
- Design: Swift Skyfire Diamond is sold by Paulsta'ats in Nagrand. (Honored with the Consortium)
- Design: Bracing Earthstorm Diamond is sold by Ythyar in Karazhan. (Revered with the Consortium)
- Design: Powerful Earthstorm Diamond is sold by Ythyar in Karazhan. (Honored with the Consortium)
- Design: Enigmatic Skyfire Diamond is sold by Alurmi in Tanaris. (Honored with the Keepers of Time)
- Design: Brutal Earthstorm Diamond - Outland World drop.
- Design: Destructive Skyfire Diamond - Outland World drop.
- Design: Mystical Skyfire Diamond - Outland World drop
- Design: Tenacious Earthstorm Diamond - Outland World drop.
Congratulations on reaching 375! Please send feedback about the guide if you think there are parts I could improve, or you found typos, errors, wrong material numbers!