This guide provides an overview of all the additions and changes to Jewelcrafting in World of Warcraft Shadowlands. New rings, gems, trinkets, and legendary items!
Table of Contents
- Shadowlands Jewelcrafting Trainer Location
- Acquiring recipes
- Raw Materials
- Crafting Jewelcrafting Legendary Base items
- Necks and Rings
- Optional Reagents
Shadowlands Jewelcrafting Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Jewelcrafting from Appraiser Au'vesk in Oribos in the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 35.2, 41.8)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
In Shadowlands, most recipes only have one rank, and you can learn most of them from your trainer. This makes leveling professions much easier since you don't have to grind reputations to get higher rank recipes.
These 3 recipes below are the only ones that you can't learn from your trainer:
- Design: Revitalizing Jewel Doublet - Requires Honored reputation with Court of Harvesters faction
- Design: Crown of the Righteous - Found in Cloudwalker's Coffer treasue in Bastion.
- Recipe: Crafter's Mark II - Requires Cordial "reputation" with Ve'nari.
There are no rare raw gems in Shadowlands, and there is only 3 base gems for each primary color.
Essences are used to create the Legendary base items for rings and necklaces. You will sometimes get these when prospecting Shadowlands Ores.
- Essence of Valor - Prospected from Solenium Ore.
- Essence of Servitude - Prospected from Oxxein Ore.
- Essence of Rebirth - Prospected from Phaedrum Ore
- Essence of Torment - Prospected from Sinvyr Ore
- Prospecting Laestrite Ore will randomly give one of the four essences.
Crafting Jewelcrafting Legendary Base items
Crafting your own Legendary Armor is one of the new features in the Shadowlands expansion. The Legendary armors require 4 different components before you can craft them, and one of them is the Base item (Rune Vessel) that determine the slot you are making your armor for, and the item level of your armor. These base items are crafted by players with Jewelcrafting, Jewelcrafting, Jewelcrafting, and Jewelcrafting.
How to learn the Base Item recipes?
Once you reach 100 in Shadowlands Jewelcrafting, the Runecarver will offer you The Vessels of Jewels quest.
Read my Shadowlands Legendary Gear crafting guide to learn how to unlock the Runecarver.
Full list of Jewelcrafting base items
|1||Shadowghast Ring||20 x Shadowghast Ingot, 10 x Essence of Rebirth, 10 x Essence of Torment, 10 x Orboreal Shard|
|2||Shadowghast Ring||30 x Shadowghast Ingot, 15 x Essence of Rebirth, 15 x Essence of Torment, 15 x Orboreal Shard|
|3||Shadowghast Ring||50 x Shadowghast Ingot, 25 x Essence of Rebirth, 25 x Essence of Torment, 25 x Orboreal Shard|
|4||Shadowghast Ring||80 x Shadowghast Ingot, 40 x Essence of Rebirth, 40 x Essence of Torment, 40 x Orboreal Shard|
|1||Shadowghast Necklace||20 x Shadowghast Ingot, 10 x Essence of Servitude, 10 x Essence of Valor, 10 x Orboreal Shard|
|2||Shadowghast Necklace||30 x Shadowghast Ingot, 15 x Essence of Servitude, 15 x Essence of Valor, 15 x Orboreal Shard|
|3||Shadowghast Necklace||50 x Shadowghast Ingot, 25 x Essence of Servitude, 25 x Essence of Valor, 25 x Orboreal Shard|
|4||Shadowghast Necklace||80 x Shadowghast Ingot, 40 x Essence of Servitude, 40 x Essence of Valor, 40 x Orboreal Shard|
How to craft higher ilvl Base Items?
Every base item has four ranks, and each of them will have its own little experience bar. You will gain experience each time you craft a base item and once you fill the experience bar, you will learn the next rank. Crafting a higher rank base item will give more experience.
Higher rank base items also require a lot more materials. A rank 4 item usually costs around 4 times as much as a rank 1.
|Rank (ilvl)||XP / Craft||Total XP for next rank|
|Rank 1 (iLvl 190)||5||75|
|Rank 2 (iLvL 210)||10||150|
|Rank 3 (iLvL 225)||15||225|
|Rank 4 (iLvL 235)||-||-|
New uncommon gems.
- Versatile Jewel Doublet - 2 x Umbryl - 12 Versatility
- Deadly Jewel Doublet - 1 x Angerseye, 1 x Oriblase - 12 Critical Strike
- Masterful Jewel Doublet - 1 x Angerseye, 1 x Umbryl - 12 Mastery
- Quick Jewel Doublet - 2 x Oriblase - 12 Haste
New rare gems.
- Deadly Jewel Cluster - 2 x Angerseye, 2 x Oriblase - 16 Critical Strike
- Versatile Jewel Cluster - 4 x Umbryl - 16 Versatility
- Masterful Jewel Cluster - 2 x Angerseye, 2 x Umbryl - 16 Mastery
- Quick Jewel Cluster - 4 x Oriblase - 16 Haste
Necks and Rings
New uncommon necks and rings
- Deadly Laestrite Band
- Masterful Laestrite Band
- Quick Laestrite Band
- Versatile Laestrite Band
- Deadly Laestrite Choker
- Masterful Laestrite Choker
- Quick Laestrite Choker
- Versatile Laestrite Choker
New rare necks and rings
- Deadly Sinvyr Ring
- Quick Oxxein Ring
- Masterful Phaedrum Ring
- Versatile Solenium Ring
- Deadly Sinvyr Necklace
- Quick Oxxein Necklace
- Masterful Phaedrum Necklace
- Versatile Solenium Necklace
These reagents change the item level of a crafted armor or weapon. (You can actually downgrade an item's item level and its level requirement if you use a lower level optional reagent)
These 3 optional reagents below can only be used to craft items from Shadowlands. All 8 manufacturing professions can craft these, so they are not exclusive to Jewelcrafting.