Fishing skill doesn't have any effect on how many fish you catch in the new Shadowlands zones. You will catch the same number of fishes with Fishing skill 1, as with Fishing skill 200. The only reason to level Fishing is for Achievements. If you just simply want to farm fish, then you can go and farm with Fishing 1.
Shadowlands Fishing Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Fishing from Retriever Au'prin in Oribos at the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 46.6, 25.8)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
There are 6 new fishes in Shadowlands.
- Lost Sole - Fished in every Shadowlands zone.
- Silvergill Pike - Fished in Bastion
- Pocked Bonefish - Fished in Maldraxxus
- Iridescent Amberjack - Fished in Ardenweald
- Spinefin Piranha - Fished in Revendreth
- Elysian Thade - Fished from all four zones. (rare fish)
Leveling Shadowlands Fishing
You can level your Shadowlands Fishing at any of the new Shadowlands zones. (Bastion, Revendreth, Maldraxxus, Ardenweald).
You can skill up your fishing from 1 to 200 in any fishable water in the listed zones above.
- Go to the nearest water.
- Find the fishing skill icon in your spellbook (P) at the profession tab.
- Drag this icon to somewhere on your action bar.
- Stand in front of the lake/river and press the fishing button.
- Mouse over the lure in the water, and when it splashes, right-click on it.
If you start from Shadowlands Fishing skill 1, it takes around 1 hour and 40 minutes to level to 200.