Fishing skill doesn't have any effect on how many fish you catch in the new Battle for Azeroth zones. You will catch the same number of fishes with Fishing skill 1, as with Fishing skill 175. The only reason to level Fishing is for Achievements. If you just simply want to farm fish, then you can go and farm with Fishing 1.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 120 in 8 days with this guide.
Table of contents
Learning BfA Fishing
The new BfA Fishing skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find Silent Tali in the northern part of Dazar'alor.
- Alliance: Alan Goyle is located north of the main group of trainers in the Tradewinds Market district of Boralus, sitting on decking by a pool.
You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Fishing trainer is located. This will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Fishes no longer come from one specific zone. Instead, you can find 3 types of fish in the Kul Tiras zones, 3 in the Zandalar zones, 2 in Nazjatar, 1 in Mechagon, 2 in the new patch 8.3 zones, and you can fish 2 in all zones.
Vale of Eternal Blossoms and Uldum
These are the new level 120 versions of the zones.
- Frenzied Fangtooth and Lane Snapper - Fished from seas/oceans.
- Tiragarde Perch - Fished from rivers/lakes.
- Slimy Mackerel and Sand Shifter - Fished from seas/oceans.
- Redtail Loach - Fished from rivers/lakes.
- Great Sea Catfish - Rivers and lakes. (except Nazjatar)
- Midnight Salmon - Everywhere. (rare fish, around 3% catch rate)
Leveling BfA Fishing
You can only level your BfA Fishing at Zandalar, Kul Tiras, Nazjatar, Vale of Eternal Blossoms, and Uldum, you won't gain BfA Fishing skill if you fish elsewhere.
You can skill up your fishing from 1 to 175 in any fishable water in the listed zones above. Go to the nearest water, find the fishing skill icon in your spell book (P) at the profession tab, drag this icon to somewhere on your action bar. Stand in front of the lake/river and press the fishing button. Mouse over the lure in the water, and when it splashes, right-click on it.
If you start from BfA Fishing skill 1, you need to catch around 300 Fish to reach 175, which takes around 2-3 hours.