The Battle for Azeroth Pre-Patch goes live July 17th/18th. (US/EU)
Patch 8.0.1 will contain the BfA profession skill squish I mentioned in my Battle for Azeroth Profession Overview. I made this post to make things more clear what will happen to your professions.
Table of contents:
- Profession skill changes
- Should you level your profession before the pre-patch?
- First Aid Achievements Removed
Profession skill changes
If you haven't read my Battle for Azeroth Profession Overview, what's basically happening is instead of having to level from 1 through 800, leveling professions will be split into skill tiers per expansion.
First of all, you won't have to re-level your profession, or learn your recipes again. Everything you learned will still be there.
It's the easiest to explain by just giving a few examples.
If you currently have maxed out profession at 800, you will have all 7 expansion profession progress bar maxed.
So your spell book will look like this:
- 300/300 - Classic
- 75/75 - Outland
- 75/75 - Northrend
- 75/75 - Cataclysm
- 75/75 - Pandaren
- 100/100 - Draenor
- 100/100 - Legion
If you currently have 750 in a profession, you will have 6 maxed out skills from the 7 expansions, and you will be 50/100 in the Legion skill tier.
If you currently have 100 in a profession, you will have 0 maxed out skills from the 7 expansions, and you will be 100/300 in the Classic skill tier. You will have 0 skill points in every other skill tier.
Should you level your profession before the pre-patch?
If all you care about is crafting the new Battle for Azeroth items, then no. There is no point in leveling your professions now. You can level the new BfA skill tier without putting any point into any of the previous expansions tiers.
However, if you want to max out each expansion's skill bar, it's better to level them now, because it will be harder to level after the pre-patch since you can no longer use recipes from newer expansions. You can only level a skill tier with recipes from that expansion.
First Aid Achievements Removed
First Aid will be removed from the game, and with the removal of First Aid, many of those profession achievements will be recategorized as Legacy Profession Achievements, so you won't be able to get them after patch 8.0.1.
List of Achievements that will be removed:
- [Heroic Skills to Pay the Bills] - Obtain 800 skill points in Fishing, First Aid, Cooking, and Archaeology.
- [Legion Medic] - Obtain 800 skill points in first aid.
- [Ultimate Triage] - Use a Heavy Frostweave Bandage, or any Embersilk or Windwool Bandage, to heal a player who has less than 5% health. (just ask a Warlock to help out, they can easily damage themselves to below 5%)
- [Stocking Up] - Create 500 Heavy Frostweave Bandages.
- [Preparing for Disaster] - Create 500 Dense Embersilk Bandages.
- [Field Medic] will also be removed, which grants you the "Field Medic" title. There is an excellent guide written by chalon9 explaining how to complete this achievement