This Battle for Azeroth Inscription leveling guide will help you to level your profession from 1 to 150, the guide's main focus is to show you how to level this profession, if you are looking for more detailed information about Inscription, read my Inscription guide.
Inscription is the best combined with Herbalism because you can save a lot of gold by farming the needed herbs, so check out my Herbalism leveling guide if you want to level Herbalism.
If you are low on gold, I recommend you to try this Gold Making Guide, it can help you to make loads of gold.
If you are still leveling your character or you just started a new alt, I recommend you to use a leveling guide. You can level your character to level 120 in 8 days with this guide.
Learning BfA Inscription
The new BfA Inscription skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find Chronicler Grazzul
in Dazar'alor at the Terrace of Crafters.
- Alliance: Zooey Inksprocket is located in Boralus at the Tradewinds Market.
You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Inscription trainer is located. This will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Leveling BfA Inscription
Nightborne characters have +15 Inscription skill because of their passive [Ancient History]. An extra 15 Inscription skill means recipes stay orange for 15 more points. You can save a lot of gold by doing lower level recipes for 15 more points.
You can buy [Light Parchment] from the Inscription Supply vendors near your trainer, or sometimes from your trainer directly.
1 - 50
You will need around 900 [Ultramarine Ink], 550 [Crimson Ink], and 80 [Viridescent Ink] to reach 150. So, just make inks until you reach 50, but don't mill more herbs than you need, because you will unlock Mass Mill at 50 which will give skill points up to 80.
50 - 80
Use the Mass Mill spell that you learned from your trainer to Mass mill any herb. You will use the pigments to make Inks, and then use the Inks to level up Inscription, so these are basically free skill points.
Make [War-Scroll of Battle Shout] if you don't want to mill herbs.
80 - 85
8 x [War-Scroll of Battle Shout] - 64 Crimson Ink
This recipe will be yellow, so you will have to make around 5-8.
85 - 142
- Alliance: 60 x [Rank 2 - Contract: 7th Legion] - 900 x Ultramarine Ink, 480 x Crimson Ink
- Horde: 60 x [Rank 2 - Contract: The Honorbound] - 900 x Ultramarine Ink, 480 x Crimson Ink
These recipes are locked behind Honored reputation, but reaching honored with one of these factions is really easy. You can reach Honored just by completeing your War Campaign quests and then doing a few faction Assaults.
- [Rank 2 - Recipe: Contract: 7th Legion] is sold by Vindicator Jaelaana. Requires 7th Legion Honored reputation.
- [Rank 2 - Recipe: Contract: The Honorbound] is sold by Ransa Greyfeather. Requires The Honorbound Honored reputation
It's a good idea to make a few different kind of contract recipes because it's easier to sell them at the Auction House. You should only make these if you can buy the rank 2 version because Rank 2 recipes will give skill points longer, and also cost fewer materials, and you should only make them until they turn yellow at 105. (unless you get the rank 3)
Check your map every day and look for Inscription World quests like "Work Order: Contract: Talanji's Expedition". These reward you with the rank 3 recipe, which is even better and you can make contracts up to around 130. (you have to get the rank 2 to learn the rank 3)
Rank 2 recipes
- [Contract: Talanji's Expedition] sold by Provisioner Lija. Requires Talanji's Expedition Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Voldunai] sold by Hoarder Jena. Requires Voldunai Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Zandalari Empire] sold by Natal'hakata. Requires Zandalari Empire Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Order of Embers] sold by Quartermaster Alcorn. Requires Order of Embers Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Proudmoore Admiralty] sold by Provisioner Fray. Requires Proudmoore Admiralty Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Storm's Wake] sold by Sister Lilyana. Requires Storm's Wake Honored reputation.
- [Contract: Champions of Azeroth] sold by Collector Kojo. Requires Tortollan Seekers Honored.
- [Contract: Tortollan Seekers] sold by Collector Kojo. Requires Tortollan Seekers Honored reputation.
Darkmoon Faire free +5 skill points
You should check your Calendar in-game to see if the Darkmoon Faire is open, the event starts at 00:01 on the Sunday before the first Monday of each month.
You can gain +5 skill points by completing a single quest (use it at 145). Click here to read more about the quests.
142 - 150
You can continue to make contracts but I recommend switching to Darkmoon Cards because the skill gains from the Contracts will be very rare at this point.
8 x [Rank 2 - Darkmoon Card of War] - 80 Viridescent Ink, 8 Expulsom
I hope you liked this BfA Inscription leveling guide, congratulations on reaching 150!