This guide provides an overview of the additions and changes to Jewelcrafting in World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth.
Table of contents
- Learning BfA Jewelcrafting
- Leveling Jewelcrafting
- Acquiring Recipes
- Jewelcrafting Perks
- Crafting Materials
New in Patch 8.3
The Void Focus is a new crafting station that is used to craft the new raid gear.
Check out my guide on How to Unlock the Void Focus. (It works exactly the same as the Abyssal Focus worked in patch 8.2.)
- Unbound Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 440 ring
- Awakened Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 455 ring
- Peerless Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 470 ring
- Uncanny Combatant's Intuitive Staff ilvl 400 Staff
You can get the recipes for the rings from Faceless, K'thir, Aqir, and Cultists mobs that worship N'Zoth (random drop). You can find these mobs at the new Vale of Eternal Blossom Assauls, Uldum Assaults and inside Lesser Visions. (Not available on week 1 of patch 8.3)
You will discover the recipe for the ilvl 455 ring by crafting the ilvl 440 one. And you need to craft the ilvl 455 ring to discover the ilvl 470 ring recipe.
New in Patch 8.2
- Leviathan's Eye of Agility - 120 Agility
- Leviathan's Eye of Strength - 120 Strength
- Leviathan's Eye of Intellect - 120 Intellect
- Versatile Dark Opal - 60 Versatility
- Deadly Lava Lazuli - 60 Critical Strike
- Masterful Sea Currant - 60 Mastery
- Quick Sand Spinel - 60 Haste
- Straddling Sage Agate - 5% movement speed
- Notorious Combatant's Intuitive Staff - ilvl 370 Staff
- Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 410 ring
- Crushing Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 425 ring
- Ascended Leviathan's Eye Loop - ilvl 440 ring
Learning BfA Jewelcrafting
The new BfA Jewelcrafting skill is named differently for the two factions, but the name is the only difference between them.
- Horde: You can find Seshuli in Dazar'alor at the Terrace of Crafters.
- Alliance: Samuel D. Colton III is located in Boralus at the Tradewinds Market.
If you are having trouble finding the trainers, you can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where the Jewelcrafting trainer is. Asking the guard will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
Professions skills are split between expansions now, you'll have a separate skill bar for each expansion. There are still 950 profession levels in total, just that there is no one single progress bar with 1 to 950 for it anymore. Instead, there are 8 separate progress bars, one for each expansion.
You can level the new Battle for Azeroth progress bar without putting any point into any of the previous expansions tiers, you don't have to level Jewelcrafting with older materials if you want to craft the new BfA items. The new Battle for Azeroth Jewelcrafting has a maximum of 175 skill points.
Every BfA recipe will require different Jewelcrafting skill levels, so it's very different from what we had in Legion where you could craft most high items with Jewelcrafting skill 1. You will have to level your BfA Jewelcrafting skill up if you want to craft high-level items.
Check out my BfA Jewelcrafting leveling guide, if you are looking for an in-depth leveling guide with exact numbers and reagents needed.
Most recipes still have ranks just like in Legion, but there are no profession quests for crafting profession in BfA, you will learn most rank 1 and rank 2 recipes from your trainer. They are gated by profession skill, so you have to level your Jewelcrafting up to get every recipe.
- Rank 1: Allows you to craft a recipe.
- Rank 2: Reduce the materials required to create a recipe.
- Rank 3: Greatly reduces the materials required to craft an item.
You can buy most Rank 3 recipes from vendors, but none of them require Exalted reputation, only Revered, so it's pretty easy to get them. (A few rank 3 recipes come from World Quests)
- Zandalari Empire - Natal'hakata in Zuldazar.
- Voldunai recipes - Hoarder Jena in Vol'dun.
- Talanji's Expedition - Provisioner Lija in Nazmir.
- The Honorbound - Ransa Greyfeather in Zuldazar.
- Storm's Wake - Sister Lilyana in Stormsong Valley.
- Order of Embers - Quartermaster Alcorn in Drustvar.
- Proudmoore Admiralty - Provisioner Fray in Tiragarde Sound.
- 7th Legion - Vindicator Jaelaana in Tiragarde Sound.
- Tortollan Seekers - Collector Kojo at Scaletrader Post in Zuldazar, or by Collector Kojo at Seeker's Vista in Stormsong Valley.
Tools of the Trade
If you level your character to level 120 and your Battle for Azeroth Jewelcrafting to 150, then you can unlock a special questline to craft Jewelhammer's Focus. This item allows you to unsocket gems without destroying them, and mine special geodes in each zone for free uncommon and rare gems.
The questline will take you through the process of creating your tool and give you some backstory on where the recipe comes from. Most of the quests are really straightforward and easy, so I'll skip explaining each quest. Just follow your quest log and check the markers on your map.
To get started on your profession quest line, speak with your profession trainer Seshuli (Horde) in Dazar'alor or Samuel D. Colton III (Alliance) in Boralus. You can walk up to a guard in Dazar'alor or Boralus then ask where your profession trainer is located. This will place a red marker on your map at the trainer's location.
After you complete the quest chain, you will get the Recipe: Jewelhammer's Focus recipe. To craft this item, you need:
- 10 x Expulsom
- 5 x Kraken's Eye
- 50 x Fine Azerite Powder from Ashvane Company NPCs in Tiragarde. A good place to farm is at the Ashvane Foundry. (very low drop rate). You can also get it from Siege of Boralus or Tol Dagor.
- 1 x Sweete's Diamond-Studded Spyglass Drops from Harlan Sweete in Freehold dungeon. (any difficulty)
- 1 x Unrefined Azerite Geode Drops from Azerokk in MOTHERLODE!! dungeon. (any difficulty)
You can craft an epic item level 385 ring, which you can upgrade 2 times. You will need to craft the lower item level ring to get the recipe for the higher item level ones.
IMPORTANT: If you use the Scrapper I mention in my Expulsom Farming Guide, you can get every soulbound material back when you scrap these rings. (Tidalcore, Breath of Bwonsamdi, Expulsom)
- ilvl 385 - Tidal Kraken's Eye Loop - Requires Jewelcrafting 135
- ilvl 400 - Spirited Kraken's Eye Loop - Discovered from crafting Tidal Kraken's Eye Loop
- ilvl 415 - Emblazoned Kraken's Eye Loop - Discovered from crafting Spirited Kraken's Eye Loop
There are also 5 soulbound crafting materials:
Expulsom is obtained primarily from scrapping armors and weapons using the Scrap-o-Matic 1000 (Alliance), or the Shred-Master Mk1 (Horde). These tools work like disenchanting. You can break down any gear obtained that is from the Battle for Azeroth expansion, including dungeon/raid drops, quest rewards, world drops, and crafted gear. You can read about this in more detail if you visit my Expulsom Farming Guide.
Tidalcore is a guaranteed drop from the last boss in a Mythic dungeons and from the chest at the end of any level Mythic Plus Dungeon. They can also drop from the last boss of a heroic dungeon. However, this is not a guaranteed drop.
Breath of Bwonsamdi drops from bosses in the new raid Battle for Dazar'alor and is used for crafting epic 400 and 415 item Alchemy trinkets. (1 from each LFR wing, 1 from a Normal boss, 10 from a Heroic boss, 20 from a Mythic boss)
Sanguicell drops from raid bosses in Uldir. (1 from each LFR wing, 1 from a Normal boss, 10 from a Heroic boss, 20 from a Mythic boss)
Hydrocore used to drop in Mythic dungeons, but it no longers drops since path 8.1, and you can only get it by using Transmutes.
|Natant Rubellite||Rubellite||1||+5% Swim Speed|
|Straddling Viridium||Viridium||1||+3% movement speed|
|Deadly Solstone||Solstone||1||+30 Critical Strike|
|Quick Golden Beryl||Golden Beryl||1||+30 Haste|
|Masterful Kubiline||Kubiline||1||+30 Mastery|
|Versatile Kyanite||Kyanite||1||+30 Versatility|
|Deadly Amberblaze||Amberblaze||75||+40 Critical Strike|
|Quick Owlseye||Owlseye||75||+40 Haste|
|Masterful Tidal Amethyst||Tidal Amethyst||75||+40 Mastery|
|Versatile Royal Quartz||Royal Quartz||75||+40 Versatility|
|Kraken's Eye of Agility||Kraken's Eye||125||+40 Agility|
|Kraken's Eye of Intellect||Kraken's Eye||125||+40 Intellect|
|Kraken's Eye of Strength||Kraken's Eye||125||+40 Strength|
Eight different rings can be created by Jewelcrafters, each with one secondary stat and one socket.
|Golden Beryl Ring||1||-||-|
|Amberblaze Loop||50||85||The Honorbound / 7th Legion - Revered|
|Owlseye Loop||50||85||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Tidal Amethyst Loop||50||85||Talanji's Expedition / Proudmoore Admiralty - Revered|
|Royal Quartz Loop||50||85||Voldunai / Order of Embers - Revered|
In Battle for Azeroth, Jewelcrafters can craft multiple staves.
|Viridium Staff of Alacrity||25||-||-|
|Rubellite Staff of Intuition||25||-||-|
|Laribole Staff of Alacrity||105||125||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Scarlet Diamond Staff of Intuition||105||125||Zandalari Empire / Storm's Wake - Revered|
|Honorable Combatant's Intuitive Staff||105||-||Rank 2 and 3 sold by Ozgrom Ragefang (Horde) / Leedan Gustaf (Alliance)|
|Sinister Combatant's Intuitive Staff||115||-||Rank 2 and 3 sold by Ozgrom Ragefang (Horde) / Leedan Gustaf (Alliance)|