This guide provides an overview of all the additions and changes to Tailoring in World of Warcraft Shadowlands. New armors, bags, cloths, and legendary armors!
Table of Contents
- Shadowlands Tailoring Trainer Location
- Acquiring recipes
- Raw Materials
- Crafting Tailoring Legendary Base items
- Optional Reagents
- Cloth Armors
- Other Items
Shadowlands Tailoring Trainer Location
You can learn Shadowlands Tailoring from Stitcher Au'phes in Oribos in the Hall of Shapes. (Coordinates: 45.2, 31.6)
Oribos is the new Shadowlands city hub for both factions. You will arrive there after you finish the Shadowlands intro quests, so you can learn the new profession recipes before you head out questing.
In Shadowlands, most recipes only have one rank, and you can learn most of them from your trainer. This makes leveling professions much easier since you don't have to grind reputations to get higher rank recipes.
These 3 recipes below are the only ones that you can't learn from your trainer:
- Pattern: Pink Party Hat - Random World drop.
- Pattern: Shadowlace Cloak - Requires Honored reputation with The Undying Army faction.
- Recipe: Crafter's Mark II - Requires Cordial "reputation" with Ve'nari.
Like in BfA, there is one common cloth and one rare cloth. Both of them drop from all humanoid mobs in the new Shadowlands zones.
- Shrouded Cloth - Common Cloth drop.
- Lightless Silk - Rare cloth drop.
- Enchanted Lightless Silk - Created by Enchanters.
- Penumbra Thread - - Sold by Distributor Au'tem near your trainer.
- Orboreal Shard - Sold by Distributor Au'tem near your trainer.
Crafting Tailoring Legendary Base items
Crafting your own Legendary Armor is one of the new features in the Shadowlands expansion. The Legendary armors require 4 different components before you can craft them, and one of them is the Base item (Rune Vessel) that determine the slot you are making your armor for, and the item level of your armor. These base items are crafted by players with Tailoring, Tailoring, Tailoring, and Jewelcrafting.
How to learn the Base Item recipes?
Once you reach 100 in Shadowlands Tailoring, the Runecarver will offer you The Vessels of the Thread quest.
Read my Shadowlands Legendary Gear crafting guide to learn how to unlock the Runecarver.
Full list of Tailoring base items
- Grim-Veiled Hood
- Grim-Veiled Spaulders
- Grim-Veiled Robe
- Grim-Veiled Bracers
- Grim-Veiled Mittens
- Grim-Veiled Belt
- Grim-Veiled Pants
- Grim-Veiled Sandals
How to craft higher ilvl Base Items?
Every base item has four ranks, and each of them will have its own little experience bar. You will gain experience each time you craft a base item and once you fill the experience bar, you will learn the next rank. Crafting a higher rank base item will give more experience.
Higher rank base items also require a lot more materials. A rank 4 item usually costs around 4 times as much as a rank 1.
|Rank (ilvl)||XP / Craft||Total XP for next rank|
|Rank 1 (iLvl 190)||5||75|
|Rank 2 (iLvL 210)||10||150|
|Rank 3 (iLvL 225)||15||225|
|Rank 4 (iLvL 235)||-||-|
These reagents change the item level of a crafted armor or weapon. (You can actually downgrade an item's item level and its level requirement if you use a lower level optional reagent)
These 3 optional reagents below can only be used to craft items from Shadowlands. All 8 manufacturing professions can craft these, so they are not exclusive to Tailoring.
New Shrouded Cloth Armor set.
- Shrouded Cloth Bracers - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Shrouded Cloth Sandals - Requires level 50, ilvl 100
- Shrouded Cloth Pants - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Shrouded Cloth Belt - Requires level 52, ilvl 100
- Shrouded Cloth Mittens - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Shrouded Cloth Hood - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Shrouded Cloth Cape - Requires level 54, ilvl 111
- Shrouded Cloth Robe - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
- Shrouded Cloth Spaulders - Requires level 57, ilvl 129
The Shadowlace Armor set pieces are ilvl 151, and they all require level 60 to equip.
- Shadowlace Cuffs
- Shadowlace Footwraps
- Shadowlace Cord
- Shadowlace Handwraps
- Shadowlace Cloak
- Shadowlace Cowl
- Shadowlace Tunic
- Shadowlace Trousers
- Shadowlace Mantle
|Shrouded Cloth Bag||20 x Shrouded Cloth, 15 x Penumbra Thread||15|
|Lightless Silk Pouch||15 x Lightless Silk, 25 x Penumbra Thread||65|